Thursday, September 13, 2007

here it is..

thirteen. thirteen what? I don't know- stuff that is up lately I guess.

1. still have not found the Sponge Bob dvd. crazy. I went to the library and told them my story, and they put it in a lost file, so now I have 3 months. sadly I think it will be about that long till we find it. hopefully we do find it.

2. my first day of babysitting today. actually just a half day, so far, so good.

3. mopped my dining room floor this morning, it was bad, but now, it is good.

4. yesterday a friend invited me to a dinner theater. I have always wanted to go! they had a group from her husbands work, but he works away and couldn't make it home, so I got to go. such great food. the show was about Weyland Jennings, Johny Cash and Willie Nelson- the bad boys of Country. a lot of singing, and stories of their lives. interesting. I would like to go back - to a different show. fun.

5. why does that Johny Cash not look right. Jonny, Johnny, is it even his name? now that doesn't sound right. weird.

6. yesterday was so very cold. I didn't walk, because it was cold and rainy.
today the sun is shining. Yay.

7. we had frost last night and I didn't cover up my tomatoes. the plant does not look good. what do I do? do I pick the green tomatoes and let them ripen inside, or leave them out, and maybe cover them tonight? anyone?

8. yesterday I had to go into Edmonton to IKEA- I really had to. heehee. Cory needed a big clock for a conference room at work, and since I was at IKEA, I went to Children's place- where they have flipflops for 2/$1 by the way. had to get a few of those. and I got some boys dress pants for $1.99. not a lot of selection, but I think one pair will fit Jed, and if Ben doesn't fit the other pair, he will soon. then off to Old Navy- where all kids clothes are 25% off, so I got a dress shirt for Ben- I like the quality of their shirts. then of course I had to go to Dollarama. wished I would have had more cash on me, since that is all you can use there. so I had to limit myself. they had a package of chipboard alphabets for $1. wow. I would have bought every color if I had more money. next time.

9. oh, and while at Ikea I was looking at their frames and loving a really big one they had, but I decided I would wait until I have a wall in the basement to hang it on- and a great family picture to go in it.
so then, I had to check out the as-is section. can't leave the store without a little walk through, and there was the frame, for less than half the price. well, I had to do it. now if I can just get those walls.

10. Cory has the day off tomorrow, and is planning on framing walls , so that is great news. yay. walls.

11. It will seem strange though, once those wall bases ( I am sure there is a real term for them, but I don't know it) are in we are commited to a layout. our plans for that basement have changed so many times.

12. the whole babysitting thing has just gone bad. the baby woke up, so I took her out of the playpen, but she was still crying, so I put her back. maybe she needs more sleep. who knows. she is in there crying right now.

13. I love fall. the colors, the warm sun (when it is warm) and light breezes blowing the leaves off the trees, the sound of geese flying by. love it. but I really do love warm summer days too. hmm. indian summers. there you go. that is what I love.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I need some cute frames. As Is rocks. I wanted to go to Ikea today but going home won! Good luck with babysitting. Fun times.

Kayli said...

We had a library book that was overdue forever (luckily you don't get fines here until it's seriously been like 6 months of something) and then one day, while doing a little straightening up of my bookshelves, I found it. but THEN, I LOST it AGAIN before I could get it back to the library!!! Ruff. Now it's still lost. It's a pretty smallish book, so I decided I can't get those anymore---too easy to lose.

I can't wait to see what you do with your basement. Should be so fun.

Andrea said...

How's the walls. and the babysitting? Can't believe you went to Ikea without me. I'll try not to cry for much longer.
As for the tomatoes I think you have to pick them cause once they freeze they won't grow anymore? but really.. i have no idea about gardens. call the expert mom.
good luck finding the video. we had a lost book and then one day found it behind the shelf? crazy stuff