Thursday, October 25, 2007

things

1. thanks to those of you who came out of the dark to show yourselves. fun to see that people really do read the silly things I write!

2. a page I did with a picture taken by Kim.
as soon as I saw this picture I saw this page in my mind. It turned out just like I imagined, but I wished I would have got it enlarged to an 8x10 instead of just a 5x7. live and learn.

3. I stopped at Winners today, just to check it out, and when I was leaving the automatic door was broken, so it had a sign on it that said to use to next door, which was the entrance door, so I pulled on it, and it wouldn't open, so I pulled again, and decided that Maggie and I would have to wait for someone else to come in before we could leave, then someone else came out, and we were standing there, and she pushed the door open and left. oh boy, did I feel dumb.

4. the cake turned out really yummy. not quite as pretty as it was on the magazine, but it still tasted good. the bottom icing is supposed to be orange, but it looks more pinkish. hmm. maybe I needed to use the real food coloring paste, instead of just the cheapy liquid stuff. oh well. so good. and there is enough left to have some more tonight.






5.no school tomorrow. once again, it is torture your mother day.

6. Cory has the day off work tomorrow and is going to start doing electrical work in the basement. yay for progress.

7. working on Jacks costume this is what he wants to be.
It is out of stock, and way more than I am willing to pay for a costume, so I am attempting to sew it. very interesting. I hope it looks a little bit like it is supposed to. I hope you can at least tell what it is. we shall see.

8. went to Costco today to return a sweater I bought that was too big, and came out with too much stuff. that store is dangerous, but I got a few things for Christmas, so that is good.

9. I took some fish tanks we had accumulated to Goodwill today. that felt good to get rid of them. I wonder if I could take them a tank full of water with a couple of snails in it? I have a suspicion they wouldn't take it.

10. my big boys are wrestling on the floor beside me. have I told you how excited I am to have a basement I can send them down to, sometime soon- but not soon enough!

11. yesterday the weather was so nice- in the morning, I actually took my sweater off when I was on my walk, but by the afternoon, a cold wind was blowing, and today it is cold and windy. sad, but I think that was the last warm day of the year.

12. at Costco I bought some knock-off Uggs. - I am sort of excited for some snow so I can wear them- but I can wait.

13. Are there any boarding schools somewhat close that I could send my kids to, and only see them on holidays, and chosen weekends? that sounds really tempting to me!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

love the page. very cute.
The cake looks good.
And why is Cory doing the electrical stuff?? sheesh.. doesn't anyone need us anymore?? no hair. no electrical. no calls. no cake. no nothing.
I think you should home school. hahahaha.

mishel said...

So I missed reading your blog on your birthday so this is my Happy Birthday -I read your blog comment. Must say that I found your husbands comment funny...I actually changed my hubby's homepage from TSN.com to my blog so that he HAD to read it hee,hee! Anyway hope you had a great day!

jessica said...

costco is so tempting. ahhh.
love the page

Anonymous said...

what is a UGGS? Leanne