Wednesday, October 24, 2007

today

is a special day!
yep, it's my birthday.

funny- I was reading a new book I picked up at the library- Water for Elephants- and chapter one starts out-
"When you're five, you know your age down to the month. Even in your twenties you know how old you are. I'm twenty-three, you say, or maybe twenty-seven. But then in your thirties something strange starts to happen. It's a mere hiccup at first, an instant of hesitation. How old are you? Oh, I'm --you start confidently, but then you stop. You were going to say thirty-three, but you're not. You're thiry-five. And then you're bothered, because you wonder if this is the beginning of the end. It is, of course, but it's decades before you admit it."
Especially funny, because just shortly before I read that last night I was telling my seminary class it was my birthday the next day, and they were all guessing how old I am, sadlly most were guessing too high, then I told them I will be 35, then on says you were born in'72, and I had to think- wait, I will only be 34. yay. I gained a year. haha. Acutally I usually have to think how old Cory is then subract 2, but he is a year older now to, so I have to get used to that.
I am going to make myself the cake that was on the cover of October's Country Living magazine- I can't wait! yum.

as your birthday treat to me, dear readers, I would love for everyone who reads this to leave me a comment, so I can know who is out there! those of you who don't know how, just click on comments, then click the anonymous button, and comment away! I am excited to see who all is out there! thanks!

16 comments:

jessica said...

I'm here!!!
I hate it when people don't leave comments. I never have any, I often wonder why I bother to blog. But I am a faithful reader of your blog.
HAVE A TERRIFIC BIRTHDAY!!! I was planning on calling you today- I totally remembered because, yep, its exactly one month before mine and today is my bro's bday.
anyhooo....HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTI!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Kristi!! :)

Kayli said...

Hi. I THINK you already know that I read your blog. ;)
Do you get Country Living? I do too! It's the only magazine I get (besides church ones of course).
Brett said he thought that cake looked awful, but I thought it was a cool Halloweeny cake.
Happy birthday.
p.s. rebecca cooper reads your blog--you must be famous. he hee

Shelley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I ALWAYS read your blog. And LOVE it. Enjoy your cake. I wish I could have a piece!! love ya!

Andrea said...

Happy happy birthday. Hope you have a great year. So true about not knowing your age. Funny.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kristi!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Kristi!! I actually remembered without having to read your blog!! Hope you have a great day and an awesome birthday cake!!
Shari
By the way, I hear you new dish washer works awesome! YEAH!!

Itworksforbobbi said...

Happy birthday, Kristi! Did you get your hands on your photo CD yet??

Anonymous said...

you know I read it - how else would I know what's going on around the house? cory

Anonymous said...

LOL! Funny man. Sounds like your household is like ours. HAVE the most HAPPIEST of Birthdays yet Kristi! Love to read your blog. Especially now that I know we are related through marriage. : )

Anonymous said...

I read every day too Kristi- I love reading it
Aunt Darlene

Joanne said...

i am a faithful reader too but you know that! your cake looks yummy-I'll be there for a slice if there is any left soon just give me a few hours!!

Kami said...

I read your blog, albeit rarely, but I enjoy it when I do!! That's something right? I need to link it to my blog, because really then I'll probably read it everyday.

The Haws Family said...

I read your blog sometimes, because Kami and Kayli sometimes talk about your blog in their blogs, and then I get curious. Then I also get curious because you are married to my cousin, who I hardly know, but it is interesting to read about your life. Haahaaa!

Anonymous said...

well I hope you got my message that I left ON your birthday. I do read your blog usually wekkly but rarely leave a message as it is old news by then. sorry about that i will try and do better, maybe next time you are out i will have you show me how to a)change the bookmark so that it isn't from dec,06 and b) to maybe even start my own blog>????? you have inspired me yet again. now i haven't read before today yet so you may have answered this already but did you finish your 34things to do before your birthday? Love ya and hope you had a great day!!! Leanne

Mandy said...

I don't know you are but I came across your blog through Bobbi-Jo's blog. I know it's past your birthday but happy belated. I also have a blog and I hate it when people don't leave comments on my blog. Maybe that's what I'll do for my birthday is ask everyone to leave a comment. That's very smart. Cute blog by the way = )