Wednesday, October 26, 2011

do we have a birthday here?

well, we did.
in fact 2 birthdays.
Cory and my birthdays are 5 days apart.
and my parents are both born in October-
and a couple of in laws. and I know there are a few cousins too.
what a great month.
I made some red velvet cupcakes for my birthday.
so delish.
here is maggie cleaning out the tube I put the batter in to help get it into the cupcake cups a bit easier.
sweet red lips.
it was on Monday. my birthday, that is.
I was treated to a crepe breakfast by my sweet visiting teachers.
then I took myself to the titanic display at the science center- because I had a pass,
but found out the pass wouldn't get me into the titanic part, had to pay extra for that.
it was interesting- but I was thinking it would be better.
then supper and red velvet cupcakes.
then I was in bed, and asleep by 9:30.
it is official. I am now an old lady!

and Cory's birthday.
low key.
we don't really go big for birthdays.
and the older you get, the less fuss you want!
sort of!
I am doing a wellness challenge with a group of people.
one of the things is no sugary snacks.
but sunday is a free day.- and then you can have one other day with out losing points, so Monday was my free day- it being my birthday and all.
so I am really hoping that I can hold out, and there are still some cupcakes left on Sunday, so I can eat some more.
if I do eat sugar, I just don't get a point for that on that day- it is hard, but I think I have been doing okay.
sugar is definitely the hardest part for me on this challenge!


4 comments:

Dixie said...

Well, happy birthday to you! I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but I don't think there will be any red velvet cupcakes left by Sunday. You better hide one right now!

Crystal Farish said...

Happy birthday!! It sounds like you had a good one if red velvet cupcakes were involved. :) I use a spring loaded ice cream scoop to get my batter into the tins, what is the tube thing that you are using?

Kayli said...

Happy birthday!

So, the pattern for Ethne's hat is indeed on ravelry, and is free. And easy. And super fast.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/divine-hat-2

It's called the Divine Hat in case the link doesn't work. Mine turned out quite a bit smaller than I was thinking (that's why it fits Ethne and not me). Have fun!

Lynn said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthdays!!