we have some big rinks in our city- with the boards around, and we have this little rink in a big park. I love it! it was in a little bit different place this year, so after driving by where it was last year, we saw it and had to turn back.
there was some pouting, some snow eating, some snow angels, some blistered feet, some catching snowflakes on the tongue, and even some skating. I think I should get some new skates. I lasted about 10 minutes before my feet hurt so bad. but I go skating about 2 times a year. hmm. maybe if I had skated that didn't hurt me, we might go more?!?
we had the rink to our selves, until a lady came, and skated for about 5 minutes, fell down numerous times in that 5 minutes, and left. good times!
1.I just had to laugh at this picture of Maggie. her hair is hilarious. she is checking out the cup of eggnog we left for Santa. did you know he likes eggnog more than milk? he left us a note telling us so. 2.here is a shot of the aftermath. and our super messy livingroom. two tvs. yep, one is for watching vhs, one for regular tv, and dvd's. don't you all have two tv's for such things too? no? oh. well. must deal with that.
3.a shot of the dresses. done. I vow to never sew with that horrible fabric again. never. they did get a lot of compliments at church. I don't think I can wash them. I think they might fall apart. 4. on Christmas eve we headed out to Spruce Grove to see the live nativity. it was nice. and it was chilly. and they served hot chocolate and cookies, and you would have thought my kids had never seen cookies before by the piles of cookies they took. little piggies.
5. this is a shot of our tree on Christmas morning. the bottom string of lights is out, and I don't have the patience to go through every bulb and see which one is causing the trouble.
6. our kids didn't wake up until about 8:30 on Christmas morning. and even then it was just one kid, who proceeded to wake up the rest. nice.
7. the girls got Dora Candy Land game for a gift, and the three boys were just playing it. haha. cute.
8. they are all sitting nicely and coloring with the crayons Sadie got for Maggie for Christmas. funny kids. Ben is really into it. coloring in the sesame street coloring book.
9. right now it is snowing big fluffy flakes. I am going to attempt to take the kids out skating. we might be back really soon! just getting the skates on is such an ordeal.
10. I am enjoying the non Christmas songs on the radio right now. don't get me wrong. I love the Christmas songs, but nice to have other stuff. I will probably be missing it all tomorrow.
11. Bobbi- I don't paint, and I don't do photoshop well, and I don't do digital scrapbooking, and I don't clean well, or organize, and there are many things I don't do.
12. already have a plan for next Christmas. but I think I told you that in my last post. I am sticking to it. love it.
13. tomorrow is the big hair cut day. will explain more afterwards, with pictures!
for the family I babysit, I thought it would be fun to get some pictures of the girls, so yesterday, I got them to sit for a tiny bit, and took a few pictures. these were my two favorites. this morning their mom called, she thought it was just a card I had put in their bag, but when they opened it and found the disk, they were suprised. she loved them, and I was so happy!
then my friend from my yw days- she was the yw I got along with the best- called, she had bought a frame for her boyfriends mom and needed a picture to go in it. too cute.
so, are you all ready for Christmas? I still have a bit of wrapping, mostly the stocking stuff, and I can think of a few things I bought earlier, but don't know where they are, that need to be found. and we are second guessing what we bought for the boys. sheesh. I have a big failproof plan for next year. I am starting real early and getting their big gifts- all the same, hopefully when I can find them cheap. and making things. maybe I can finish the sweater I started in January for Jack for next Christmas. I am pretty sure it will still fit him- he is a little guy. and I found a super cute princess and the pea bed and doll I want to make for Sadie. oh, I have big plans for next year. now if I can only get through this year! haha.
my boys have been invited to play video games at Uncle Matt's house. they can hardly wait. they were counting down the days until today, more than they were till Christmas. so much fun. and Auntie Shelley comes home tomorrow for Christmas. fun stuff. good times. love it.
1. The school Christmas concert was great! one hour long- just right. here is Sadie's class singing their songs. Oh Christmas tree was one, and Maggie was on my lap singing right along. I kept trying to shush her. luckily the afternoon session was not full- it was basically a dress rehersal they have open to anyone who can come to free up room for the evening performance which is always packed. they booked a theater at a place in town, which was very nice. soft comfy seats, great sound, good times. in the past it has just been held in the school gym. pleasant change. 2. Sadie's dress was done. hard to see in this picture, but I zoomed in a bit for you! I will take a picture of both the girls together on Sunday.
3. the finale- the Hallelujah chorus- oh my. it was moving. wonderful! fabulous. I loved it. really, really good!
4. I should probably show you Jack's 'gingerbread' house made of graham crackers. it no longer looks like this. 5. he made a turtle- he would love a pet turtle, and a bonfire burning in the back. and a slide for the penguins. he did a good job.
6. on Saturday we had a major christmas baking day. yum.
7. here is Maggie helping make the reindeer chow. doesn't she look happy! it is one of our favorites- so I will share the recipe with you, so if you want you can enjoy it too!
1 lb white chocolate. ( I don't have a scale- I just buy a lot of the white dipping wafers, and melt them and mix it in) 3 c rice chex 3 c corn chex ( I haven't found those around here, so I buy crispix, which is one side corn, and one side rice, and use 6 c of it!) 3 c cheerios 2 c pretzels 2 c peanuts 1 12 oz bag m&m's
so, mix the dry stuff all together, then pour on the melted chocolate and mix. I spread it on a couple of cookie sheets and let it set, then throw it all in a big bowl. mmm.
8. I am determined to get my quilt squares done- I am so behind- being that is is about week 6 and I have done 1 square. I have cut out one, and part of another. need to get sewing!
9. I have been thinking about fresh salsa lately. I want to make it, but really, I am the only one around here who will eat it- and Maggie, she likes it, so I am going to make a batch and take it to my mom's for Christmas Eve munching. I can't wait.
Fresh Salsa 1/2 bunch cilantro 1 cucumber 1/2 bunch green onions 2 med. tomatoes 1 white onion 1/2 jar salsa ( 375 ml jar) 1/8 tsp salt pinch pepper
chop everything up, let sit for at least 2 hours- to let the flavors mingle. oooh. can't wait!
10. hmm. having a hard time thinking of more to share. sad. I will come back and add more later- if I can think of anything exciting!
yesterday it was confirmed. I suspected it back in November. on my way to the wedding to take pictures. I came to an intersection. the light was turning, but I went through- I thought it best to continue, than to try and stop, and maybe slide, and crash. then I saw the flash, and another flash.
but yes, yesterday it came in the mail. a stinky ticket, for running a red light. curses. I knew when it happened I should have stopped. but sometimes, it is best to go through. know what I mean. now I have to pay. big bucks. luckily it isn't due for a couple of months. just thinking of all the fun stuff I would rather be spending that rather large amount of money on.
like maybe a wii. funny story about that. this morning Jed was saying he can't wait until he gets a wii for Christmas, and I thought he was saying a wreath, and I asked him why he wanted a wreath for Christmas. I thought that was a funny thing for a kid to want. then we got into how it was spelled, and he must have written a letter to Santa at school, or a wish list, or something because he said he spelled it wee. I thought that was cute.
so I was given a court date- do I go to court and fight the ticket? or at least try to get it reduced? any advice? anyone? anyone?
um, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who saw Ferris pass out at 31 flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
1. sorry, had a busy day yesterday. Maggie and I headed in to Sherwood Park to do some shopping, and were gone all day. 2. I am having a hard time finding just the right gift for one of my kids! I found something on line, but it would require us shipping it back, and them shipping it back again- it is a book kit, that they write the book, then send it back and they make it into a real hard covered book. I love it! but ends up, we would have to pay for all the shipping which they estimated at $40. and that doesn't inclued the cost of the actual kit. bummer. a bit more than I am willing to spend. 3. I did find something I think he will like, but not quite as fabulous as I am wanting. 4. this afternoon I get to go and make gingerbread houses with Jack at the school. here is the stash of goodies we have collected to put on it. the grade 5's and 2's do it every year. so next year is Sadie's turn. last year was Jed. then the year after Sadie will be Jed again. never a years rest! haha. 5. I need to run to the grocery store and get some egg nog and some graham crackers. that is the base for the ginger bread houses. and of course we have none. but, any excuse to buy egg nog works for me! 6. Cory's brother and his family are coming to town this weekend, so doing a bit of cleaning up- of course. 7. I think the drywallers are coming next week. I really hope they are coming. can't wait. the boys can't wait. hurry, please!
8. some little gifts for my sisters! I made the boxes out of paper from this pattern. at first they were a bit tricky, but then I got the hang of it. really fun! 9. Jack had some teeth pulled years ago, and had spacers put in. he has the worst teeth of all our kids. bad. I know. but now he has been in pain, I think the teeth are coming in under them. ouch. I tried calling our dentist, but I think they are closed on Fridays. could be a long weekend with a cranky boy. 10. get to go to Jessica's tonight to do some scrapbooking! yay. it has been a really long time! I am excited. 11. is it just me, or is December just flying by? 12. the dresses- I think I have them figured out. the zippers are in. just need to hand sew the lining in, do the hems, and figure out how to fix the sashes, but there is an end in sight. 13. I have till Wednesday to get them done- well, Tuesday night. school Christmas concert on Wednesday. the grand finale song is Handels hallelujah chorus, so I am hearing alot of hallelujahs around here!
although Sadie reminds me we still haven't had her birthday dinner- she picked pizza.
must do that this week!
Sadie's party was fun, lots of kids, lots of crafts, lots of mess, and lots of good times.
Jack's party was great- good idea to book a gym. the boys played floor hockey and dodge ball, then I came with icecream and chips and pop, they ate, then had one more game of floor hockey, then we all went home. I like that the mess was not at my house- which has it's own messes, thank you very much!
I made a batch of Christmas cookies on Saturday- oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chip cookies! yum. my kids don't eat them because they think they are raisins, although they probably still wouldn't eat them if they knew they were crasins, but that is okay by me! yum, yum.
Sunday night was our stake Christmas concert- all the ward choirs do a couple of songs- our choir sang the same song we sang at our ward party, but at the ward party no one hit the last note right, so we all walked back to our tables laughing- it was that bad. so, at the concert last night, we got it right. hallelujah!
one ward- or group? it was 8 girls singing, a man on the cello, and another lady on the violin, sang an amazing song. really really good. then my friend beside me pointed out on the program that the man playing the piano had written the song. wow. truly a song you would want on a CD to listen to over and over! last night got me in the spirit of Christmas, in a good way!
and , although I say I never win anything- look here!.
some scrapping goodies from some cute girls. post a comment, you could be a lucky winner too!
so, today, I am shifting from the birthday mode, and focusing once again on Christmas. must get those dresses fixed! and got the picture/cards fixed, just need to address some envelopes and get those out! can't believe there are only 15 more days til Christmas! wow.
1. trying to upload pictures to post, but it's not working. 2. trying to get my Christmas picture/card ready, but when getting the ribbon attached I noticed something important is missing from the text on the pictures. curses. arrrggghh. I was going to post a picture and see if you caught it. I mean, I previewed it, the super sweet girl who helped me did it, and we both didn't notice the vital word missing. wow. 3. was going to go to my mom's house and work on the girls dresses, but I have a kid home sick. so I am not going anywhere. 4. I guess I can get stuff done around here, if anything is going to work for me! 5. want to pull out the sewing machine and work on some special somethings for all the little girls on my list, but last time I checked my regular foot was missing- I had taken it off to use the zipper foot I borrowed, and now I think it is lost. must do a thorough search for that. 6. the party was good yesterday. one girl never came and afterwards I asked Sadie if she gave her an invitation, and she said no. hmm. go figure. 7. one electronic gift she got already isn't working. sheesh. I'm going to see if I can exchange it at Walmart. they are good about those things, aren't they? 8. After seeing Sadie and her great gifts, Jack is even more excited for his big party on Saturday. should be good. 9. finished the last knitted hat my sister consigned for me- is that the right word? that hat was trouble, and is not the cutest thing. 10.I am thinking that maybe I should give up on the crafty things this year and just go shopping! everything is backfiring on me. 11. I was really hoping to be done stuff and ready for Christmas now, but it was not to be. my list is very long, and my will to do them all is waning. I am thinking I will have to pick the most important, and start there, and what I get done, I get done, and what I don't, I don't. profound, eh? 12. alright, enough whining. 13. I'm making a list, checking it twice, going to get something done on it today! or so help me! - that's what I tell my kids- you do(whatever) or stop doing (whatever) right now, or so help me! I'm not exactly sure what that means, but whatever!
wow. I wish I knew a lot more about photoshop than I do!
but there were some good pictures.
a lot, and I mean a lot of them have one, or the other of these two with their eyes closed. crazy.
and I learned that I tend to tilt the camera to the right. a lot of tilted pictures.
crazy, stressful wedding pictures. now to get them all edited, some printed and into an album.
so, Friday should have been our last day ever of doing flyers, but I happened to be in front of the lady who is in charge of that in the Canadian Tire line on Saturday. and happened to mention that if they needed, we would do some more, so we are doing them today too. and there is tons of snow, and it is cold.
and when she dropped off the papers today, she offered a job to us, that I think I can't refuse, but I think my kids would like me to say no. she is going to put a paper box on the corner by where we had our route, because that route, and the nieghboring one are now without a carrier. so, on paper days, we would have to sort and bag about 100 papers- we currently are doing about 220, and we would just put them in the box, and still get paid for doing the three routes! wowsers. I think if we tell the kids we will put all the money into a Disney Land fund, and really do that, they might be more willing to help, and we could actually go to Disney Land- even though Cory could really care less about going there, but I think every kid needs to go once!, at least- I think I went 3 times. okay, at least twice. so fun.
alright, must get a birthday cake finished- it is Jack and Sadie's birthday today. and Sadies party tomorrow- when she woke up this morning she was so confused about which day is her birthday. today is your birthday, tomorrow is your party. so confusing! good times.
first off, on Friday night we got to go and play at Galazy land in West Edmonton Mall. wow. I haven't veen there in ages. some friends of our were having their work party there- so basically, the company booked the whole park, and we bought tickets for $5, and got to go on all the rides we wanted, and hardly had to wait in line. sometimes we would be the only ones on there. it was fun, the kids had a blast. the 3D ride is a blast! the crazy swing ride about did me in. I knew I shouldn't have gone on, but Sadie went on by herself and loved it, so Jed and I decided to try it with her. the whole time Jed was screaming, I'm going to fall off, and I am yelling at him- you won't fall off- meanwhile I am hanging on for dear life, and wishing the ride would end. Sadie was crazy, going on all kinds of rides I didn't even want to look at! what a girl! then on Sunday, we had a special visitor to our house, and Maggie was less than happy to see him. she sat as far away from him as she could, but was smiling by the end. so fun!
so. update on the dresses- they are done, except being hemmed, but the zippers look horrid. there is a big gap where the sash is. argh. my mom says I just need to have patience, and iron them good, and do it again. not what I wanted to hear. and I should have serged everything as I went. the fabric is very ravelly. fun.
I am three weeks behing with my quilt blocks, so need to get going on those. still need to finish one of the knitted hats. I sent the turtle ones with my sister without taking a picture- hope the lady likes them! need to get editing the wedding pictures. it was fun. the food was great! the wine was flowing- but luckily there was also some delicious non-alcoholic punch. heehee. trying to find the place was crazy. glad to live in a small city- downtown is crazy. Cory is having a work dinner at the same hotel on Friday night, I told him I am not sure I could find it again! but he says he has been there before! alright, got some birthday parties to get ready for this week- Sadies on Wednesday, and Jacks on Saturday. fun stuff. their birthdays are both on Tuesday. what was I thinking having two kids born on the same day? crazy. how can they pick their favorite thing for dinner? just not fair! maybe they like the same thing- that would work great! haha.
1. day started off good 2 then came time to get the kids up, 3. it all went down hill. 4. I hate when they leave for school with me yelling behind them- you had better not be late! 5. I really need to get a morning schedule going to get things running smoother. 6. hmm. my oldest is only in grade 7, you would think I would have this figured out by now. 8. need to get groceries, but my 2 year old does not want to go to Extra foods. 9. I did mop my hallway floor this morning. it has been way too long since that has happened. 10 sat down to put zippers in the Christmas dresses yesterday, to discover my zipper foot is missing. luckily I have a friend with the exact same machine as me, who knows where her foot is, and will let me borrow it. almost done. maybe in time for the Christmas party on Saturday. maybe. 11. wedding tonight. I get to do pictures. waffling between excited and terrified. want them to be great. we shall see. 12. okay, really need to get a handle on the laundry situation, and the rest of the house. 13. at least the hallway is clean.
we saw him! on the parade. and we had cousins come, and I tried the group shot in the window, but cut off Jack. oops.
t there was about 3 big fire trucks with sirens and bells. too loud for a cute little someone!
do you think Jack was happy to be there? silly boy.
Ben didn't want to come, and Jed had to stay home- he was misbehaving. actually, Jack was supposed to be home too, but I didn't know. lucky guy. And Cory was home working on electrical stuff in the basement with my brother-in-law. yay! now, we just need to book the drywall guy! yay. soon, very soon. then my house will be clean. - at least that is what I keep saying! haha. actually, then I will have twice as much house to clean. yuck.
around supper time last night, two kids started throwing up. for about 6 hours, pretty steady. then when they were through, 2 others started. then when they were through the last one started. all night long. today, our livingroom is a mess of blankets, pillows, and empty gingerale cans. hopefully tomorrow, we can get back to normal.
almost done the whole first season of Full House I borrowed from a friend.
I know they are really sick, there has been no fighting today. wonderful!- in some ways, anyways.
1. I was going to take pictures of the things I am working on today, but my camera batteries were dead, so #1 thing today is charge camera batteries. 2. sew turtles onto baby hat- I will be sure to show the finished project. hopefully I can get one of the hats done today, I have 2 to do! 3. make gingerbread stars to hang on our tree. 4. pull in the Christmas stuff from the garage- I told the kids we would set it up tomorrow night, light a fire in the fire place, pull out the sleeping bags and watch a movie in the livingroom. 5.sort out the flyers into the bags for delivery tomorrow. I talked to the lady in charge of the deliveries yesterday, and she may have someone to take one of the routes! yay! 6. get my stew going in the crock pot. 7.run to extra foods for some nuts so I can make another batch of granola. 8. organize my pile into boxes and bags to take to goodwill 9. call my mom and my sister and get their orders for the cookie dough fundraiser the school is doing, which every year I put off until it is too late, and they don't get their cookies, so this time I will get it done on time- if it's not already too late! 10. well, after talking to Jack about his birthday party for many days, he has decided he wants it at the DOW, so I have to try and book the gym for a couple hours on a day that works for us. I hope there is something available. must make that phone call today. 11.hmmm- I am having a hard time thinking of more things- not that there aren't a million things I could and should be doing around here! so, I guess I will leave it at eleven. still lots to get done! vamanos! let's go! oh, and turn off Dora- still too much of that going on here!
well, these dresses are getting closer to being done. they are supposed to have some netting underneath to add volume. I am not sure that these dresses are going to get that, but we shall see. Sadies just needs the skirt lining sewn in (and netting, maybe) and a zipper, and hemmed. Maggies needs the whole bottom attached, and zipper. I really don't like putting in zippers. fun, fun stuff. and the pattern dresses have lace on them, and I skipped the lace. but Sadie keeps saying I need to sew on the "white stuff" hmm. I am not sure about that. and I made it a bit shorter, by accident, but so be it. not quite floor length. but close. next year, I think I will buy dresses!
this kid. what a character. he is so contrary. Jeddy, Jeddy quite contrary. hmm, doesn't really flow. he always has to argue about everything with everybody. how do I stop that? anyone?
I bought Ben some shoes yesterday when I was out. and they didn't fit. Cory always says I shouldn't buy shoes without the kids, but I say, I can always return them. easier that way! haha. anyways, they were squishing his big toe. so I took him with me last night, and we returned them and shopped for more, and they all squshed his big toe. I was asking him if it was swollen or something. weird. anyways, tried on one more pair, and they didn't hurt his toe! amazing- so , we bought them.
that was an exciting story to share with you all!
so, I was just marking some seminary work, and marked one girls. good, good, then pulled out her sisters, good- but wait- something sounded familiar- I mean, they are all answering the same questions, so the answers should be similar, so I pull out the other work- wow. word for word. interesting. I really need to bring this up, but i really don't want to.
those little girls once again have pulled every book off the book shelf in the girls room. I am ready to box them all up and send them out to the garage. argg.
I am not. lest any of you might think that, by my lengthy list of things I want to get done in a day. yesterday, I didn't sew on the dresses. in fact, they sat on the couch, getting tossed onto the floor- the pieces, that is, until I got a little upset, and threw them into the craft wall of disaster that is taking over my dining room. I also didn't get any knitting done- well, not on the hats. I did do a few rows on the sweater I started for Jack about- hmmm, a year ago, or so? not sure, I could look in the blog archives, I remember posting the yarn, and a picture from the book. a long time ago, anyways. I did make chicken soup- even tried it with homemade noodles this time, but I have to say, I think from now on I will just throw in the handy dandy store bought noodles! I dropped a project off at staples to get bound up, and haven't been back yet to pick it up. I didn't really do much cleaning, but must get to that today, as I am hosting a pampered chef party tonight- led my my sweet sis-in-law Jessica. I have brownies baking right now for an extra treat on top of the four cheese and something or other pizza she is going to demonstrate for us tonight. yummy. so this morning I was cleaning and cleaning in the kitchen, I even organized the drawer with all the dish cloths, and towels in it, and guess what- right now two little girls have pulled out most of those towels and cloths and made beds all over my kitchen floor for their babies. good times.
1. I thought I had much more time to make these Christmas dresses, until I realized they should wear them to the Christmas party, which is on Dec. 1., and Sadie demands it be ready for the school Christmas concert, which is in the middle of Dec. boy, I had better get cutting and sewing! - btw, they will hopefully look just like the off white one in the picture! we shall see.
2. the boys ( well, all of us) do flyers, this is a portion of the flyers we got yesterday, which need to be sorted and bagged, then on Fridays we get the local paper that we add to the bag, then the boys go and deliver. oh no, I just remembered that Cory and Ben will be off on a school camping trip Friday/Saturday. shoot, I guess it's me and the littles this week.yuck. oh, I need to call the girl in charge, and see if we can cut our 2 routes down to one, it is just too much for us folk, and if she won't devide them up, then we are through. that wouldn't be so bad either. 3. Maggie wanted me to take a picture of her. isn't she cute.
4. yesterday I took the kids and one friend to Chuck.E. Cheese. that place is crazy. I got 70 tokens for $13 something, and they played games for about a half hour, cashed in their tickets for some super cheap prizes. wow. the friend wanted to get more tokens, so he could get more tickets, but I convinced him, and the rest that we would be better off stopping at the dollar store. so we did. good times.
5. that quilting blog I referred to a few posts back is having a quilt-a-long. she is showing how to do a quilt block a week for 12 weeks. here is my first block. I started with some fabric I had for another project, but I think for the rest of the squares I am going to use fabric I really like from my stash. then I will have a quilt I love. good idea, huh?
6. working on a few knitted hats- commissioned to do by my sister who is my business finder. what a gal! trying to figure out the one in the picture. could be cute, if I can do it properly! fun stuff.
7. I think I am ready for some real snow- but only on the grass, not on the roads and sidewalks. is that too much to ask for? probably. It is just very blah outside, and I am starting to think Christmas, but it doesn't look or feel Christmas. know what I mean? 8. another project I am hoping to finish today- a present for someone special!
9. and the quilt is done, also something for some more special people we know. I just love making things, yay for Christmas time!
10. I have so many projects to work on- better not waste anytime doing nothing! busy, busy. I love that I can knit, or many other things while watching tv- like I am being lazy, but not really. fun.
11. I was trying to find the post to link you to, but the pictures weren't coming up, but last December I started on a felt circle garland thingy for my tree, but when I went to put it on, it only went around the tree once. sheesh, so that is another project I want to get going on, so it can go around the tree more than once! that would be good!
12. we had a roasted chicken for supper the other night, so tonight, chicken soup for supper. yummy! can't wait for supper. that's not something I say every day!
13. alright, off to clean and craft, and sew, and knit, and hopefully convince Maggie to come to extra foods with me- we need milk.
movies, pajamas messy hair not doing much got to sleep in! made gingerbread cookie dough- it is now in the freezer, to be rolled and made into stars to hang on our christmas tree!
Maggie loves that granola!
got one project finished on Saturday- it is in the dryer getting fluffy. pictures later!
I found the elastic and did finish one pair of pj pants. I think they are way too long though. have to work on them when the kids aren't around- they know they are getting pajamas, but they don't know exactly what they are getting! too bad they are home for three whole days! oh well, I have lots of other stuff I can be doing.
1. maybe it is a sign that I should be done with the thursday thirteen. two weeks in a row now that I have forgotten. hmm.
2. went to do some running around this morning, and the van wouldn't start. Cory is out there working on it right now.
3. the kids have monday, tuesday and wednesday off school next week. what is up with that?
4. I think I hear my van running in my driveway! yay!
5. Super Saturday at the church tomorrow! I get to teach a class on cookies in a jar, because the lady who was originally asked was going to go away this weekend, but now she's not, and I'm still teaching. but that's okay.
6. I am hoping to get a few gifts done tomorrow! there were no crafts arranged to do that I wanted to do, so I am going to take my own and work on them. I am excited to get things done.
7. last day to go to my sister's blog, and help her decide what to name her new mixer. she's a bit crazy that way! heehee. (vote for sugar lips, it's funny!)
8. my goal for today is getting one pair of pajama pants- I was going to say done, but I don't think I have any elastic- so, done except for the elastic. that shouldn't be too hard. eta: I just finished not one, but all three boys christmas pj pants! horray. well, except the elastic. I will have to search. I know I have some here somewhere!
9. Sadie brought home a letter from school with things that are going on in November, and at the end of the month they are going to see Annie, done by a Sherwood park high school, so I wrote a note back saying I would love to help with that field trip. apparently they don't need me that day. sad. very sad. but I think I would like to see it anyways, last Thursday in November, 7:00, or 7:30, I can't remember. I think it is $8. Anyone want to come with me? eta: sorry, I forgot, I am doing pictures at a wedding that night, so maybe we'll have to try for Wednesday. silly me. I am really nervous about this wedding. aahh. would rather be watching Annie!!
10. my granola is baking right now. yum. love it.
11. so, one of the cookies in a jar I am having in my little class is going to be No-Fuss Bar Cookies. you put 2 c graham cracker crumbs, 1 c flaked coconut, 1 c chocolate chips, and 1/2 c chopped walnuts. then to bake them, you just mix it with a can of sweetened condensed milk- put in a greased 13x9 pan, and bake at 350, for 15-18 minutes. yum-o! who wouldn't want a jar of that for Christmas? I sure would!
12. man, I had the little baby I babysit in bed, and she was finally quiet, then the phone rang, now she is crying again. sheesh.
13. alright, must focus. there are pants to be made. hopefully I will have many finished projects to show off in a couple of days!
while looking and looking for an easy pajama pants tutorial, I came across this quilt- I love it. I need to make one, someday. maybe after I make the pajama pants! heehee. I found it here.
such fun stuff on her blog, but don't enter for the bag, okay, because I want a better chance to win it, and if you enter, I will have less chance, okay?
alright, I am getting off the computer, and getting on with life, and pajama pants!- for the boys for Christmas. We shall see if they get done soon! if I can find a pattern! I bought one I thought I would use for pants and pajamas, but I was looking at it last night, and I think it will just be good for pants, and I will have to use some old pj pants for a pattern. that should work!
Monday is assembly day at the elementary school. this monday the grade three's showed the whole school some musical instruments they made for science class. four kids were chosen to talk about them, and Jed was one of them! his instrument was called tool tunes, and this is a shot of him explaining how it works! I think you should click on the picture as to get a better look. too fun. then the whole class played twinkle, twinkle little star. that was entertaining!
I bought fabric and a pattern for Christmas dresses for the girls today! yowsa. good thing it is early November and I still have lots of time for all the things I want to do!
alright, my house is in desperate need of some attention, so I must run!
1. oops. totally thought it was thursday night when I was blogging last night. silly me. too much candy, probably 2. the kids were wheeling and dealing with the candy this afternoon- Ben ended up trading one full sized mars bar for about 12 mini coffee crisps. crazy boys. 3. boy, the kids were wired tonight. 4. I don't think Maggie ate a real meal all day- oh, she did have a bit of granola for breakfast. time to take the candy away. 5. Ben was a vampire yesterday, but only for trick-or-treating. I guess they don't dress up anymore in jr. high. he is getting a bit old for trick or treating. this might be his last year. 6. wow. I guess I should start thinking about birthday parties. 2 coming up in just over a month. 7.Halloween is out, and Christmas is so in! although it was sneaking in a week or two ago. crazy stuff. 8. I hope to have Christmas stuff all done this month, so next month is only for partying. yah, that's right. par-tay! 9. have an idea for my christmas card/picture this year, but not sure how to do it yet. Cory says he is embarrassed. hmm. I hope it works. heehee. 10. the tatoos were sleeves you pull on. funny, huh? if you click on the picture, it get's bigger, and you can kind of see at the top where my sleeve isn't quite covering it. 11. we had broccoli soup tonight. yum. I think we will have soup all month long. 12. it was cold and windy today. 13. the radio weather said snow for saturday. Sadie is excited! bring it on. I have my boots! I am good to go.
1. here's the shark. we kind of gave up on the legs sticking out. crazy costume. maybe something easier to move in next year! 2. this was Maggie when we got home after trick-or-treating- at about 7:00. she was wiped. but perked up to eat a bunch of candy once I got her inside and out of her costume.
3. Maggie and Sadie checking out the loot! yumm-o! 4.at the school there were parties galore! Maggie and I hit Jack's class just in time for great music, yummy food, and fun. his teacher even has a disco ball hanging in the middle of their room. fun stuff.
5. we hit Sadie's class in time for the food too! some healthy stuff, and cookies, of course. 6. Maggie decided she needed a little more face paint. little turkey.
7.this is me- a big, bad, biker babe. check out the tatoo's! wild and crazy, that's me!
8. caught Jed/Mario as he walked quickly past me in the school costume parade.
9. I found a cute little bunny hanging out on the shoe rack. I was just thinking that we probably didn't put the shoes back on the shelf. oops. 10. pretty cute pippi longstocking!
11. I guess I'll have to take my halloween decorations off the top of my stove now. I like that kitty. he makes me smile. 12. this is my little pumpkin- that's what her shirt says anyways.
13. the weather was super awesome for trick-or-treating. in these parts, you never know what you'll get. usually snow, and very cold. today, not too bad. Jack went out trick-or-treating with a friend, and Ben started out with us, but met up with a group of friends, so they are still out there. good, more treats for me to sneak into! heeheee.