Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
hmm. lets get started.
1. Maggie just came up to me and said- "it's dripping all over me." let me just share that she has a very runny nose today. nice.
2. did you see the eclipse last night? amazing stuff.
3. babysitting. makes me feel like the queen ant in bugs life when she says- It's our lot in life- its not a lot, but it's our life.
okay, that doesn't sound right. maybe I better watch it again, but babysitting seems to be my lot in life right now. I just got another possibel babysitting job. could turn it down. I haven't said yes, or no yet. still thinking.
4. that book club book I said was good- I take it back. well, it is good, in a disturbing kind of way. so if you like weird, slightly disturbing books, then feel free, but I am no longer recommending it to all. take that as you will.
5. went to a pampered chef party last night and had my first taste of brie. mmm. yummy.
6. I was looking through some pictures on the computer, and thought I would post some of my favorites.
here's sweet Maggie
7. I love this one of Jack. If I made it big, where could I hang it? it is so him.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
today you get to see the red things!
I have had this berry heart wreath for a while, and one day Cory just hung it up over the stove. I love it there!
and it goes great with my salt and pepper shakers I found at a garage sale. I think I paid $.25 for the two. love them too!
then there are my red work snowmen. they really do make me smile!
and then my red heart. I forgot to flip this picture. it is in my bedroom bathroom. love it!
and just because I need to write it somewhere- my to do list for today-
walk on the treadmill (so glad to have it back!)
clean my bathroom
get Maggie dressed- eventually
make dinner- I really do this everyday, but today we have the missionaries coming, so it better be good! haha
read the book for book club- book club is tomorrow, and I got the book yesterday. it is really interesting though, so it shouldn't be too hard- it is called The Book of Lost Things.
sew some more of the 400+ squares I cut out yesterday.
take pictures of the dress and post it on etsy- if you have a 3 year old girl and need a cute dress- here it is! well- it will be there- hopefully today
alright, I am sure there is a ton more I should do, but I will go get started. treadmill, here I come!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
and then, for the doll clothes exchange over on sugarcityjournal, here is my doll dress. well, it is a slip, and I did make little bloomers to go along with it, but I only had enough lace for 3 sets, and I mailed them out before I took the pictures.
Friday, February 15, 2008
I decided to go with the black forest cake. yum. some of the kids said they didn't want to, but by the time the ones that did want it were eating, they came around.
enough left overs for tonight too! yay.
so, today is not a day of love. 5 kids running amok. not good. they are being sent outside right now, and I think I will lock all the doors. crazy.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
I thought I would share some things I love with you all!
2. a page I did a while ago, with a picture from a long time ago- back when I had only 4 kids. love those little guys. now they are big and sassy, but I still love them!
3. Maggie and Cory. so fun. she is such a happy little thing. love it.
6. I love chocolate, of course. usually on Valentines day I make a heart shaped black forest cake, but right now I am waffling between making that, and doing a chocolate fondue. I bought the mini cream puffs to dip in already. or should I save that for another day? maybe I should then I could enjoy the black forest cake now, then the fondue later, because, it's not every day you can have a heart shaped black forest cake, but I could probably find a good excuse for a fondue on another day. hmm.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
well, Maggie tried to help stir the icing-
but the sugar exploded all over her face.
then being the helpful girl she is, she helped lick the beaters clean- and her face too.
Monday, February 11, 2008
before school there was a big juice box incident.
one boy says it was taken out of his lunch box, one boy said he got it from the fridge. both won't back down. I told them that one of them was lying and I hope the guilt eats at them all day.
I am a good mom like that.
then I told them they would all be in bed by 7:30. sounds good to me.
so, this is a sign Sadie made for her door. I love it! it says-Pleas and thank you no boys' allowd only dad. with a picture of a boy in the middle. so cute. love the lettering and the coloring. great art, right there! and the manners. so nice.
and this is a fuzzy shot of the magster in all her joy. good times.
well, I hear that my washer has stopped, it needs to be reloaded, so I can conquer the mountian of dirty clothes that is half of my bedroom.
oh, and there is some mud on my walls downstairs. this is a good thing!
Thursday, February 07, 2008
2. made some sugar cookie dough- it is chilling in the fridge, so later we can make some valentines day cookies. yum.
3. Ben cleaned the living room, and cleaned it good- like vacuuming under the couch cushions and everything. nice.
4. got some more butter softening in the mixer, ready to make some chocolate chip cookies later. yum.
5. really need to get sewing on my dresses for this. she is mailing her package. I thought we had 2 more weeks. better get busy.
eta- apparently I have until the 20th, but I should still get moving. I do have one done, just need to serge some seams.
6. also need to get working on my last square for this. then the next step- putting it all together. fun.
7. I almost finished the girls easter dresses- tried Maggies on her, and it was quite a bit too big. ended up I had enough fabric left to cut out a bit smaller version for her. need to get the serger back- I loaned it out, -so I can finish them, and the doll dresses. I see a lot of sewing in my future.
8. Jack is heading out to a sleepover birthday party tonight. fun for him. sleepovers are not my favorite thing. staying up late, getting up too early, and grumpy kids the next day- well, what's not to like? haha.
9. Cory will be busy tonight and tomorrow finishing up the drywall for the taper guy to come on Saturday. yay. I am so excited to have a basement. the end is in sight. far away yet- really, painting, carpet, etc- it will be a while yet, but it is coming.
10. laundry today, of course. most everyday has some laundry involved. washing, drying , folding, putting away. I really need to do it all in one day- and not leave the clean stuff in a basket for a few days, and not piles of folded stuff on my bed, which then goes back into a basket at bed time- well, you get the picture.
11. I think it is quilting night at the church. I like going there and working on stuff. gets me out of the house. I think they are trying to do quilts for the young women who are turning 18. I am not sure how I feel about it. I guess I am just being selfish- want to get some of my own millions of projects done. I guess it would have been nice to have a quilt from my relief society when I turned 18. although I was gone and moving on with life.
12. I am almost done the first sleeve for jack's sweater that has been in progress for just over a year. the sleeve has gone quickly- it is when I read the instructions on how to put it all together that I get nervous. It really makes no sense to me. I think I might have to get some help from someone who has made a big sweater before. I am hoping to be done by Christmas. haha.
13. my kids are all pestering me for their turn on the computer, so I guess I should get off and start working on my big list of stuff!