Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
my first thought when I saw that all the kids had gotten one of these sugary delights was cute photo prop-
(oops, Maggies shirt needs a little trim. there is a stray thread there. just ignore that , and focus on the sugar!)
Thursday, December 17, 2009
6. Jed is making some picture block puzzles for Maggie- I think she will love them!7. Jack is making some fun shirts for Jed, and I still have to find out what Ben wants to do for Jack, but I have a fun idea for a shirt. should be good!
sadly they didn't have any of those at the grocery store.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
( this picture was taken a couple of days ago- we really are on the right day!)
10. and her dress is done! yay! and the food has been decided on. yay!
Sunday, December 06, 2009
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
not rare, at this time of year.
flyers, and catalogues everywhere.
but this particular one caught Sadie's eye.
it was the Maplelea girl catalogue
beautiful dolls, yes. nice clothes- no doubt.
but that price tag- yikes.
for a doll?
sorry - but I won't spend more for an outfit for a doll than I do for myself.
so, I was thinking maybe ebay.
maybe an american girls doll. we aren't too picky around here!
but all the ones I saw, and bid on went too high.
and once you add shipping- way too much. so sorry sweet sadie.
who is a deal finder.
found these- Springfield dolls
for about 1/4 of the price. - and yes, I know not all the same quality, but they are dolls- and will get tossed around, and I don't want to be freaking out every time I see them holding them by their $100 hair! know what I mean?
and of course we use the 40 or 50% off coupons whenever we shop there!
(because this poor little doll comes without clothes!)
so, I decided this year both girls will get a doll.
they can play together that way
(that is the plan, anyways)
so, every time I hit Micheals now, I use the coupon for some fun accessories for these girls-
so far I have a pair of glasses and some crocs.
and my sister and I have spent a couple of nights sewing outfits for these poor naked dolls.
now I need to find a fun case to keep the clothes in.
and that is my story of dolls,
and what they are getting for Christmas.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Jack said he learned about hypothermia, and hyperthermia. I asked what hyperthermia was, and Jack said it's when you are too hot, and you need medical help, and then Ben pipes in- then call me a doctor!
2.Maggie asked me to make some playdough for her today, so I was making it,
and she was asking if I was doing it, then walked past me and saw that I was, and said- good mom.
3. in seminary there is a family that is consistently late. quite late actually.
so today when they came in, I said- you guys need to turn your clocks ahead 20 minutes,
and one kid said- that was rude-
and I was kind of confused about how that was rude- but just said- okay, your alarms need to be set earlier.
4. then I was sitting here at home and thought about what I should have said.
something about how coming in 20 minutes late to my class is rude.
5. why do I always think of these things so late?
6. Maggie keeps asking me how many days there are until Christmas. Maybe we should have an advent that counts down from November instead of just December.
7. only 36 days left. just so you know. if your kid asks you!
8. what?! 36! that is not very many. and I have to think of a few birthdays between now and then.
9. Sadie wants to have a Hannah Montana party. but she has a few friends that are boys that we are going to invite. is that okay? will boys be annoyed? I am thinking we will play freeze dancing- to Hannah songs, of course, and I bought some guitar shaped papers that they will decorate and stuff. I do have a bunch of Hannah Montana stuff I picked up at the dollar store, and liquidation world, that I hope the boys will be okay with! I can think of one boy who will probably put up a stink, but the other 2 will be fine with it- I think. hmm.
10. another sewing night planned for tonight at my sisters house! can't wait! (I think the girls will love it!)
11. I spent the afternoon crafting and chatting with a sweet friend who I am "helping" make a dress for her adorable little girl. really I am just her moral support. but she was doing so great, and her dress is going to be so super cute!
12. and now we are off to another volley ball game. luckily it is local.
13. I made some cookies, but they taste a bit off. darn it. I hate that. a whole load of sugar and chocolate chips wasted. well, the kids say they taste fine. so I guess that is a good thing. for me. and my hips.
Monday, November 16, 2009
the same as the old super saturdays,
but now under a different name.
(I have no idea why, but whatever!)
a day of crafting, and a delicious lunch- I am all over it!
so, I was asked to do a little display about neighbor/teacher/friend gifts.
so, this is what I did-
(I really wish I had more stuff on the table- but who knew that the grocery store I shop at had no sprite, and no jolly ranchers? not me!
and I was tired of shopping by then, so this is what it was!)
and this is the page that was handed out, with some fun ideas. all courtesy of the internet.
oh, sweet internet. how I love thee.
it was kind of fun to find a bunch of ideas-
(Ben saw my list and said they are all so cheesy. yes, they are cheesy, but they are fun!)
I personally am going with the jolly rancher idea this year. feel free to copy! after all, I got the idea from somewhere out in cyber world! so fun. (as long as I can find some! just not at my grocery store!)
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- only a couple of extra jobs given out yesterday.
- none so far today.
- a knitted that (for a friends grandbaby) that has been in progress for a while now is now done!
- hoping to start (and finish) christmas skirts for the girls today.
not a bad week so far.
Monday, November 09, 2009
Thursday, November 05, 2009
Monday, November 02, 2009
a vampire. scary.
(there is a hoop in the skirt of the dress, so it stood out a bunch. pretty fun)
and lunch that day-
yummy chocolate bars. so delish.
Friday, October 30, 2009
2. so, since halloween is on a Saturday this year, school celebrations are happening today. Maggie and I headed over to watch the costume parade.
some of those costumes are so creative. some not so much. when will that scream mask guy ever go away?
3. I am a bit dissappointed in myself this year. I am a big believer in homemade costumes as opposed to store bought cheapness.
well, this year, 2 out of 3 are in store bought stuff.
I hang my head in shame.
4. The costume Sadie is wearing looked so cute in the store. on her in the school hallway- well, I was thinking- what was I thinking? should have saved my half price money.
6. which brings me to another thought. why is halloween stuff mostly half off before halloween is even over? well, I am really not complaining, since the day after halloween is Sunday and I won't be shopping, I am glad to get it cheaper now! except the candy. I might have to head out on Monday and see how picked over it is.
7. Last year I went to walmart the day after halloween- I think- it could have been 2 days after, I am not sure, but there was no sign that halloween ever happened, Christmas had taken over. crazy stuff.
8. I bought these super cute little magnetic spiders- on sale, of course, to stick on our front door for halloween. (our door is made of metal, so it was perfect!- here is maggie keeping her eye on one!
11. It looks like the bottom is crazy, but those are just legs from a big spider that is behind the tree. just so you know. in case you were wondering.
12. candy jar almost full of candy corn. must be halloween!
14. I got to go on a trip with Cory this week- he had a business trip, and I tagged along. and basically shopped for 2 days. good times.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
the kids keep asking me "how old are you, again?"
and I have to think for a second.
then I have a moment of shock.
closer to 40 than 30.
getting up there!
but it is all good.
I made some fresh salsa I am going to eat a lot of.
and an ice cream cake I will probably eat a lot of too!
but I am allowed, right?
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
and since skirts are a big part of little wardrobes around here,
I have been eyeing the cute little leg warmers that are out there-
then I found a tutorial somewhere on the internet,
and found a cheap pair of socks-
snip, sew, and voila- funky little leg warmers.
now I think I need to go pick up another pair of socks for another pair of legs!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
because Cory was running in a relay race.
we stayed in a hotel.
that is always a fun thing.
especially when there are 2 tv's, so the kids can watch different shows!
then, race time.
it was a bit rainy and chilly.
and Cory was running the longest leg of the relay.
and we stalked him.
the other people running close to him thought we were crazy, I am sure.
we would wait for him at a spot, then drive ahead, and wait for him at another spot.
the kids even got in on the running action!I don't know if there is a more beautiful place to run a race!
okay, maybe hawaii. but that would be really hot.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Thursday, October 08, 2009
2. to that I say "whatever"!
3. last week we had a pile of leaves on our yard. Maggie and I headed out there. I tried to get her to jump in them. this is what I got.
4. you would think I was asking her to eat them or something!
(I think she just didn't want to get leaves in her shoes!)
5. this is out my door this morning:
6. I pulled out the boots and the coats. now to find the hats. yikes!
7. hopefully it will warm up a bit again- after all, that big pile of leaves is still on the front lawn, and needs to be cleaned up!
8. I am so looking forward to a 3 day weekend.
9. especially sleeping in for 3 days.
10. oh, and turkey. I love turkey. and mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing. okay, mostly just food in general. yay for thanksgiving!
11. but most especially yay for pumpkin pie! yummy!
12. but sad that my mom and dad won't be here. and we sisters have to cook the whole meal! yikes. but it will be good. and we will wish my mom and dad were here, but be happy for where they are.
13. and from what I hear, they will wish they were here eating with us- in my moms last email she said for supper they had some spagetti, and spam. and that was a good meal.
yep, turkey sounds really, really good!
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
then read Catching Fire.
it is good. Cory read it in about 24 hours. I read it in just over 24 hours.
and now we have to wait for the third book in the trilogy to come out. - but it won't be for a while, since the second one just came out last month. darn it. I want it right now! I need to know how it all ends!
and I do believe there is a movie in the works. (but it will never be as good as the books- you know how it is.)
if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up! - or put your name on the long hold list at the library. you will not be disappointed. I hope.
Monday, October 05, 2009
I didn't have enough icing for all the cupcakes though, so now I need to make more icing. then I will need more cupcakes for that icing.
vicious, but delicious, cycle.
-watching general conference on the internet- with a fire in the fire place, while knitting= a very nice Sunday.
too bad conference is only twice a year!
-Jack made the volleyball team! here is a fuzzy picture Ben took at one of Jack's games. he's the one looking back, in the blue and white shirt. nice!
they won that game- against on of the other junior highs from our city. it was a happy day.
- video chatted with my folks again last night. so fun. we were just finished supper, and they were just getting breakfast-
just like that oreo commercial, with the dad and the kid. fun stuff.
okay, I was sticking to my kitchen floor this morning, so top on my to do list is get the floors mopped. such fun around here today.
(and I think when I am done I will reward myself with a cupcake! why not!)
Thursday, October 01, 2009
2. I am loving the leaves falling, the colors and everything, but I know it will probably be done in less than a week, and then everything will be brown and blah.
3. I also love to hear the geese honking as they fly past. very much a sign of autumn around here!
4. I had someone contact me on etsy to make a red hat for her daugher who wants to be a gnome for halloween! I love it! I love when someone requests something special, and I can make it for them! 5. Maggie and I headed to the library earlier this week, and I thought we should find some halloween books, and we picked up this one- Woo! the not-so-scary ghost.
7. and look- he gets found by a dog, then the farmer thinks he is a sheet, washes him, and hangs him out to dry- funny stuff.
8. double ruffle bottomed pants make me happy!
9. I would attempt to make some in my size, but I am pretty sure they wouldn't be a fraction as cute on me as they are on Maggie!