Monday, November 30, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
not rare, at this time of year.
flyers, and catalogues everywhere.
but this particular one caught Sadie's eye.
it was the Maplelea girl catalogue
beautiful dolls, yes. nice clothes- no doubt.
but that price tag- yikes.
for a doll?
sorry - but I won't spend more for an outfit for a doll than I do for myself.
so, I was thinking maybe ebay.
maybe an american girls doll. we aren't too picky around here!
but all the ones I saw, and bid on went too high.
and once you add shipping- way too much. so sorry sweet sadie.
who is a deal finder.
found these- Springfield dolls
for about 1/4 of the price. - and yes, I know not all the same quality, but they are dolls- and will get tossed around, and I don't want to be freaking out every time I see them holding them by their $100 hair! know what I mean?
and of course we use the 40 or 50% off coupons whenever we shop there!
(because this poor little doll comes without clothes!)
so, I decided this year both girls will get a doll.
they can play together that way
(that is the plan, anyways)
so, every time I hit Micheals now, I use the coupon for some fun accessories for these girls-
so far I have a pair of glasses and some crocs.
and my sister and I have spent a couple of nights sewing outfits for these poor naked dolls.
now I need to find a fun case to keep the clothes in.
and that is my story of dolls,
and what they are getting for Christmas.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Jack said he learned about hypothermia, and hyperthermia. I asked what hyperthermia was, and Jack said it's when you are too hot, and you need medical help, and then Ben pipes in- then call me a doctor!
2.Maggie asked me to make some playdough for her today, so I was making it,
and she was asking if I was doing it, then walked past me and saw that I was, and said- good mom.
3. in seminary there is a family that is consistently late. quite late actually.
so today when they came in, I said- you guys need to turn your clocks ahead 20 minutes,
and one kid said- that was rude-
and I was kind of confused about how that was rude- but just said- okay, your alarms need to be set earlier.
4. then I was sitting here at home and thought about what I should have said.
something about how coming in 20 minutes late to my class is rude.
5. why do I always think of these things so late?
6. Maggie keeps asking me how many days there are until Christmas. Maybe we should have an advent that counts down from November instead of just December.
7. only 36 days left. just so you know. if your kid asks you!
8. what?! 36! that is not very many. and I have to think of a few birthdays between now and then.
9. Sadie wants to have a Hannah Montana party. but she has a few friends that are boys that we are going to invite. is that okay? will boys be annoyed? I am thinking we will play freeze dancing- to Hannah songs, of course, and I bought some guitar shaped papers that they will decorate and stuff. I do have a bunch of Hannah Montana stuff I picked up at the dollar store, and liquidation world, that I hope the boys will be okay with! I can think of one boy who will probably put up a stink, but the other 2 will be fine with it- I think. hmm.
10. another sewing night planned for tonight at my sisters house! can't wait! (I think the girls will love it!)
11. I spent the afternoon crafting and chatting with a sweet friend who I am "helping" make a dress for her adorable little girl. really I am just her moral support. but she was doing so great, and her dress is going to be so super cute!
12. and now we are off to another volley ball game. luckily it is local.
13. I made some cookies, but they taste a bit off. darn it. I hate that. a whole load of sugar and chocolate chips wasted. well, the kids say they taste fine. so I guess that is a good thing. for me. and my hips.
Monday, November 16, 2009
the same as the old super saturdays,
but now under a different name.
(I have no idea why, but whatever!)
a day of crafting, and a delicious lunch- I am all over it!
so, I was asked to do a little display about neighbor/teacher/friend gifts.
so, this is what I did-
(I really wish I had more stuff on the table- but who knew that the grocery store I shop at had no sprite, and no jolly ranchers? not me!
and I was tired of shopping by then, so this is what it was!)
and this is the page that was handed out, with some fun ideas. all courtesy of the internet.
oh, sweet internet. how I love thee.
it was kind of fun to find a bunch of ideas-
(Ben saw my list and said they are all so cheesy. yes, they are cheesy, but they are fun!)
I personally am going with the jolly rancher idea this year. feel free to copy! after all, I got the idea from somewhere out in cyber world! so fun. (as long as I can find some! just not at my grocery store!)
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- only a couple of extra jobs given out yesterday.
- none so far today.
- a knitted that (for a friends grandbaby) that has been in progress for a while now is now done!
- hoping to start (and finish) christmas skirts for the girls today.
not a bad week so far.
Monday, November 09, 2009
Thursday, November 05, 2009
Monday, November 02, 2009
a vampire. scary.
(there is a hoop in the skirt of the dress, so it stood out a bunch. pretty fun)
and lunch that day-
yummy chocolate bars. so delish.