Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
but guess who didn't want to leave?
all of them. and they all want to go back. silly kids.
6. they are repaving a whole bunch of streets in our city right now. It makes getting places a little tricky. today I had to weave in and out of paving machines, not even knowing if I was even supposed to be on the road. weird stuff.
7. but I guess smooth new roads will be nice.
8. every Wednesday night and Saturday nights are bath nights in this house.
for the littlest ones, anyways. but we missed last night, so I must make sure to get those kids cleaned up tonight!
9. I went to the yarn store in the city today to get some more yarn for some etsy stuff. there were two older ladies working there. I knew they had the one kind of yarn I wanted, but thought I would ask if they had the other one. the last I had heard they had sent it all to their other store on the other side of the city. those ladies looked all over, and checked the computer, and according to that there should have been a whack of it in the store, but then they called the other store, and lo and behold, it was there. then I just wanted to pay for the yarn I did want, and be on my way, and they kept on talking. it was kind of funny. if I wasn't in such a hurry.
10. I think you had to be there.
11. I made cookies today. I just thought I would share that. not the cookies. I won't share them. just the fact that I made them. (unless you came over, and asked really nicely! then I would be more than happy to share!) it has been a little while, and the jar was looking sad and empty. but now it is full and happy. but I don't think it will last long.
12. I wanted to share a picture or two from the wedding I did on Saturday, but I uploaded them to a new photoshop thing, and I don't know how to get them from there onto my blog. I will try to figure that out. there were a couple cute ones!
13. alright, must head off, to help Sadie with her music practicing, get the tub running, and try to get the boys eyes off the tv. good times around here!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
well, the day as a whole was okay,
but the afternoon--
oh, the afternoon.
let me tell you all about it.
it started with a call from the school. which generally is never a good thing.
but this call was in regards to a child that was not mine that I supposedly am watching while his parents are away for the weekend.
what? me? no. sorry.
then they call back after talking to the boys dad.
yes, me. I am supposed to be watching these two boys after school until their aunt comes and picks them up later after her work.
oh, I vaguely recall their mom asking me to do this.
a long time ago.
and somewhere where I was not close to my calendar, so it was not written down, and it was forgotten.
I tend to do that. forget things that are not written down.
okay, I even forget things that are written down sometimes, but that doesn't pertain to this story.
okay, so it has been determined that I am indeed responsible for this boy at this time.
lo and behold, he has broken his arm on the playground, and needs to be accompanied in the ambulance to the hospital. could I please come right away.
well, no, I can't, I have two extra kids today, and one needs a nap.
okay, could I think of someone else I could call.
I was racking my brain, and nothing came up.
so I packed up the three girls, went to the school,
followed the poor kid in the ambulance to the hospital.
where we sat for 2 hours. saw him for about 15 minutes total,
then left after he got another ambulance ride into the city to the childrens hospital.
I guess it's pretty serious.
meanwhile, the dad who is away, has been notified through the whole procedure,
eventually contacted an uncle who was going to meet the boy in the city,
I later found out the boy who broke his arm had the only key to the house in his pocket.
luckily his aunt was able to get it,
come pick up his brother,
and take care of the other kids.
man, what a day.
the girls were so good at the hospital.
I am just glad it wasn't my own kid. we have been lucky with no broken bones so far.
knock on wood!
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
(or just part of their names, as in this case)
they feel the need to write it everywhere.
like on the window sill.
silly little Maggie.
guess what job she is doing today!
(I think a little clean up is in order!)
Monday, September 14, 2009
(any Napoleon Dynamite watchers out there?)
last night, we chatted with my parents.
they are around the world,
into tomorrow already,
and we could see them live, and hear them.
they showed us around their apartment,
we could hear the dogs in their neighborhood barking.
it was truly amazing.
I love it!
(thanks for helping set it up Shelley!)
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
what can I say.
it is early.
there are 12 kids in my class. (yikes)
it didn't start out so well,
but it is getting better.
2. tomorrow is games and treats. it's all good.
3. I went to my neighbor's funeral on Tuesday.
Isn't it funny how when you go to a different church, you think the things they do are so strange, but when people not belonging to our church come to it, I am sure they think the things we do are strange.
you just get used to the way you do things, and other ways are different.
4. this girl-
all day. seriously.
except when she moved out to the dining room with her animals and dolls to have a pool party.
5. she is the perfect last child.
she plays so well all by herself!
6. Jed is back in piano lessons.
and already saying that he doesn't want to practice, and he should just quit.
so, I made him practice for 15 minutes yesterday (he got come candy for it.)
then I was gone with Sadie to her music class, and Cory was home,
and he practiced for another 1/2 hour then so he could have some computer time.
7. we are all about the bribes in this house.
8. why is it so cold outside?
where is the sun?
but I want it back!
9. look what I made! It was a quilt along on the Old red barn Co. blog
10. and look at the back!
11. I always see fun backs to quilts on other blogs, and I always thing- why don't I do that, so this time I used a couple of squares I had left over from the front, and I love it!
Monday, September 07, 2009
Saturday, September 05, 2009
Friday, September 04, 2009
Thursday, September 03, 2009
He was assisted by an aid person in a kayak when he started having troubles. He soon died but not from drowning. It was an ironman he was doing but he was a very fit person and it wasn't his first ironman.
And yes, he was a very nice person to have as a neighbor.
Then this morning Cory informed me that the lining of his aorta burst. So very sad.
2. Apparently I was on the news. a guy at Cory's work asked him if that was his wife on tv! yikes. we didn't have tv, but the next day (yesterday) the telus guy came and hooked us up. so now we have tv.
darn it, a day late. or maybe that's a good thing. yikes.
3. I got this book at the library, and it reminded me of Joanne.
4. and then when I saw this little section inside, it really made me think of Joanne.
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
I think I have had my 15 seconds, twice lately.
( I think it is supposed to be 15 minutes though- so I might have a few more moments coming up)
on Friday we headed to the legislature.
I had to do some pictures of a family, although we ended up meeting with my sister and some of her friends (totally didn't know they would be there) and also went on a tour of the building.
anyways, apparently there are plans to pave over some (or all) of the wading pools- I really have no clue, which is why I should have said no.
but we all know that no is a hard word for me to say,
(except to my kids. I can say it all the time to them!)
so when the camera man from the tv studio aske if he could get my opinion, I said yes, and probably sounded like a dodo, because as I already said, I have no clue.
we have been to the wading pools once in -oh, maybe 10 years.
so, if they aired my clip, and you saw it,
go easy on me.
then today, CTV news guys come knocking on my door.
(I thought it was strange- never been on tv ever- except in the back of a cooking segment of one of those america morning shows they tape in NYC- that I think never got aired- and now, twice in a few days. freaky)
once again I should have said no.
our neighbor died on sunday morning. doing a triathalon.
he was such a fit guy, and only 66.
something happened to him during the swimming part,and he drowned.
so very sad.
he was a nice guy.
he snowplowed our driveway many times.
so they asked if they could tape me talking a bit about him.
I didn't really know him.
he was my neighbor, and he was nice.
so if they air it, and you see me,
go easy on me.
Life is precious. and short.
hug your kids,
and eat lots of chocolate!
P.S. I think tomorrow morning I will make sure I put make up on.
because you never know who will be stopping by.