Tuesday, April 29, 2008
she was doing the quilt-a-long, and we were swap partners with the doll clothes swap!
I think that is just interesting that we would be connected through two totally different places! the blog world is so fun!
so anyways, Marcia was taking part in a pay it forward, and I thought it would be a very fun thing to do!
so - what does this mean?
well- This means I will make a handmade gift for the first 3 people to leave a comment at this post. (I have 365 days to do this by the rules.) They agree to post the pay it forward on their blog and do the same for 3 other people. If you post, please make sure you send me your email address so I can get your mailing address.
I am so excited. not sure exactly what you three lucky people will be getting. I have a few ideas up my sleeves! I guess at this point if there is something you know that I make that you want, you could even put in a request! how fun is that!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
2. the cakeballs, well, they are sitting on the counter tempting me. I am wondering if it will be worth the effort to add some white chocolate swirls on them. or leave them.
they are messy to make, but I think it will be worth it all.
I haven't eaten one yet- really,
but I think I will soon.
3. I thought maybe I had been cursed for saying no to the babysitting job last week- every day I was supposed to babysit this week fell through.
but today, I am babysitting. yay. ka-ching- more money for the trip! heehee
4. probably a good thing I didn't babysit- with my sick kids and all.
Ben is home again today, but will probably be going back at lunch. Jed started out home, but felt good enough to to in, I think he really didn't want to miss the carnival the school is putting on today.
5. hope he doesn't throw up at school. that would be bad.
6. If you do click on that link to the blog that is giving away my tutu, you just might see the link that is to a site that has links to over 500 blogs that are all doing give-aways, but you might not want to do that, because it might take up a whole morning- you entering contests, and you might decrease my chances of winning any I might have entered. so you better not do it. really.
7. my book for book club this week is about decluttering, looking around my house, I think I should get busy before the ladies come over tonight!
8. My sister is going to have a baby soon. very soon. any day now I am awaiting the call! can't wait to see it , and take some pictures! I started knitting a little sweater, so the baby can be warm in this cold weather we are having! I better get busy with that!
9. what is for lunch at your house? we are stuck in a serious macaroni and cheese- with hot dogs in it, of course- rut. even grilled cheese has fallen by the wayside. what else can we have? I need help. anyone?
10. that reminded me- when Jack was home sick he kept saying he was weak and dizzy, and Cory said that he could take a nasty spill down the stairs and subject himself to further school absences.
oh so funny. that Ferris Bueller. gotta love him.
11. I can't wait for The Office tonight. oh so funny. I found the piano music for the theme song on the internet, but we have no ink in our printer. I tried to email it to Cory, so he could print it at work, but he said something was wrong with it. sad. that would be fun to know and play!
12. I just thought of something good to write, but it has escaped me. sad when that happens.
13. just heard the scool bell for lunch, better get that water boiling for the mac & cheese!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
then she helped dry the ones that were still wet.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
These were taken yesterday, and today is only worse!
Sadie was sick last night, and Jack feels sick, so we are curled up on the couch watching kid shows.
and there's nothing else I would rather be doing on a day like this!
except maybe watching some Regis and Kelly, or something a little more adult-ish, but I'll take what I can get!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Jed got this moose mask at his piano party.
his piano teacher has about 2 parties a year at her house- where they play a song, and watch a
piano-y type movie, and eat treats. then they get prizes, I think, like this wonderful moose mask.
Jed even wore it to school for a few days.
he loves it.
I think it is weird.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
2. almost booked my flight for my trip to go see my sister! I just need to double check if the flight will work. can't wait! call me shelley!
3. I was supposed to be babysitting today, but seriously needed a day not doing it, so I said I couldn't. I feel a bit guilty, but I feel mostly good about not having to care about anyone except my Maggie today. is that bad?
4. Maggie is watching Toopy and Binoo. that show drives me batty. and that viva piniata show, and sponge bob is no longer allowed around here. mind numbing shows. just dumb stuff.
5. but survivor, and the office, which are both on tonight- now that is some smart show watching wasted time!
6. I have been spray painting some old chairs we have in some fun spring colors. they don't really go with our house decor, but they are fun! Jack says they make him think of Easter and pictures, or easter pictures taken on them. I might have to take some pictures on them when I have enough done for all the kids! working on my third one today. we have alot of old chairs around!
7. looks like I might have a basement mostly done in about a week and a half. well, carpet down, which means we can move furniture down. which would be wonderful. but I am not holding my breath.
8. book club has been changed to next week. I guess I have another week to wait for the fresh salsa and cake balls. that is sad. I am so excited to have some!
9. I think I am going to paint the girls room this weekend. I have been meaning to for a long time now. this weekend is as good as any!
10. Cory is going on a hike Friday night with some scouts. it is supposed to snow this weekend. fun for him!
11. I actually vacuumed out the van today. that is a rare, and wonderful thing. but I couldn't find the good car vacuuming vacuum so I just used our house vacuum, which isn't the best, so it isn't the best job ever, but it is better. and that is good.
12. a girl that I knew growing up is substitute teaching for a teacher at Ben's school. weird. My mom made the connection, and had ben ask if the teacher knew me, and she said yes, and now that she knows who he is that he looks like me! lucky boy.
13. did that make any sense? alright, time to go pick up the kids! let the fun begin.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Cory got to go to Calgary for work, and eat out at restauraunts, and be by himself.
is restauraunts spelled right? it doesn't look right to me.
anyways, for a very lax family home evening, we headed out for mom to take some pictures. fun, no? the kids were funny. I went to a bridge that I thought had a bunch of grafitti, but where the grafitti was, it was all muddy, so we went to an old door that I love. the kids kept telling me that people were looking, and we should go. so torturous of me! haha. I think there was like two people that walked by where we were. not like a huge crowd watching us!
Ben kept on doing the picture smile- the forced one, you all know what I mean, and this first picture I got after I told him to be serious, that is when I got the real smile. funny guy.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Thursday, April 10, 2008
2. see what I mean about teaching Ikea a thing or two! 12 kids, in that whole big play place. sad.
3. this year I have a goal to get a really good food storage going. basic, but good. yah, and right now I have no sugar in my house. that is sad. very sad.
4. I have two kids going to birthday parties this weekend. good times. I hate buying presents. really, what can you get that will be used, and great? I have a hard time with that. so we are going to make marshmallow shooters.
now this, I am excited about! we are putting them together tonight. fun.
5. I hear rumors from the weather man that there is a chance that it could get up to 20 degrees this weekend. here's hoping.
6. I am aching to take my kids out and do a photo shoot. for some reason the kids don't want to participate. might have to get some good bribes out. especially if it is super nice this weekend!
7. I read a great book- it was in the kids section of the library- called Lawn Boy by Gary Paulsen. makes me want to go out and get a ride on mower- or even better, get Ben one- since the main character is a 12 year old boy. it is cute. took me a bit of the day yesterday to read it, then I gave it to Ben to read, and he had it done by supper time. quick read. good book.
8. ever since reading Cory's cousin Kayli's blog where she talked about fresh salsa, it has been at the back of my mind. haunting me. and it was a while ago that she posted about it. Book club is at my house next week. I do believe I will be serving fresh salsa. yum.
9. and I think I really need to try these- the cake balls, that is. they look delish. and if I have a good excuse like book club to make them, all the better, then I won't just have me to eat them. although our attendance at book club is kind of lacking. oh well, more for me!
10. Maggie has informed me she will use the potty on Friday. why Friday, I don't know, but hey, maybe she will. that would be great.
11. I thought girls were supposed to be easier to train than boys. my girls have not been easier, or done it earlier. what is up with that?
12. Sadie has informed me that when she is a mom she is going to have as many dogs as she has kids. hmm. we shall see about that.
13. alright, time to get the other little one off to her nap. yay. I think she might not go down too easy, but hey, once she is out, good stuff.
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
down- Sadie told me some kids were saying that she stinks yesterday at school. heart breaking. she is the sweetest girl. I told her she doesn't stink, and I love her.
up- I have actually sold some stuff from my etsy shop! yay!
down- babysitting 4 days this week- tomorrow I will have 3 extra girls- for the morning anyways.
up- just think of all the spending money I am earning for my trip out east to pick up my sister Shelley in June! so much fun.
down- it is so grey and dull outside today. I really could use a nice warm sunny day.
up- I found some leftover easter chocolate eggs in my drawer yesterday- the good kind from Purdy's
down- I ate it all, and now I have no more.
up- my basement is almost done
down- it has been in the exact same state of almost doneness for a few weeks now. I need to see progress! Cory is looking for someone, anyone to help him put the carpet in. does anyone know anyone? help!
up- I am in a serious clean it up and clear it out mood. I need to go with that, fill up some boxes and get them out of here!
and on that note, I will get on with my day! hope it's a good one, for everyone! (and that no one tells Sadie she stinks today!)
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
I love that I happened to buy a sheet from a thrift store, that matched the top very well, that I used for the back.
I would advise that you admire it in it's smallish, far away picture, and not click on it large, because then you would see the many, many puckers that are in there. sad. but that's the way it is, and my next quilt will not have so many, I am sure of it.
Monday, April 07, 2008
* Cory is back. yay! what a lot of driving! here's a picture he took from up in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. makes me want to go back there too!
*the kids are back to school again.
*Jed emptied out his bag this morning and gave me a note requesting that the kids indoor shoes get washed then sent back. too bad this was about 20 minutes before they needed to leave for school. so he was desperately trying to learn how to tie some lace up shoes so I could wash his indoor shoes. that is so sad that he is in grade three and can't tie his shoes. bad mom. very bad mom. I guess I should sit him and Sadie down and teach them both.
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Friday, April 04, 2008
Thursday, April 03, 2008
I had the boys cleaning the windows yesterday, but I ended up having to go and do them after, because I can reach higher.
2. I also had the kids each pick a cupboard in the kitchen, and they emptied them out, then wiped and put the stuff back in. we got rid of a few things, and have a few more clean cupboards.
3. Headed out to Ikea with my sister today. the playplace was full, so we had to take all the kids along with us. we asked how many kids are allowed in there and they said 12. sheesh. I could teach them a thing or two! haha.
4. while I was in the area, I took some pictures of my cute little neices.
they are sweet girls.
5. and they love their mom and thier new baby that is coming soon!
6. Cory is leaving very shortly to go down to Salt Lake City to see general conference. lucky guy. but they are driving all night. not so fun. good times for him!
7. wow. a trip to the states, with not one shopping trip planned. that is just sad.
8. choclate cupcakes with whipped peanut butter frosting. oh so good. they are gone now. might just have to make more.
9. I started machine quilting my quilt-a-long quilt a few days ago, but once again I failed to baste it will, and it has lots of puckers. not sure if I should just finish it, or pick it out. I did a meanering stitch all over that would be a huge pain to pick out. man. someday I will learn my lesson. hopefully soon.
10. wow. is it only thursday? what a long week with children. but wait, then tomorrow is Friday, then the weekend then it is over! then back to waking up early in the morning. no fun.
11. I really need to make a list of things to accomplish this weekend, and get to it! love that I can sit all day and watch general conference, and also get things done! so great.
12. the packages of easter hersheys kisses were on sale for $0.66 at Extra foods. yep, I bought a few. okay, 6, I think. I should have bought more.
13. those kisses will most likely go to peanut butter blossom cookies, the kind that you bake, then when you take them out of the oven you put a kiss on top, then it gets all melty and delicious. oh yes, I think so.