Thursday, October 30, 2008
I think I will wait a little while until I buy another.
as long as I can hold out.
which might not be too long.
2. aren't they cute? 3. I finally bought a pumpkin yesterday,
but no one has made any indication that they want to carve it.
maybe tonight one of the kids will want to.
4. made some sugar cookies shaped like pumpkins.
I adore sugar cookies.
5. I just bought the pattern to make this super cute dress.
6.I see christmas dresses for the girls
7. okay, I actually bought two patterns because there were two I couldn't decide between.
8. and with the bad exchange rate right now
9. I think I see every dress the girls need for the next few years made of those two patterns.
10. but that is okay, because they are super cute, and versatile- mix and match patterns and colors. right, Cory?
11.I can't wait until they come!
12. but I have many, many other projects that I need to finish, so that is good that it will take a while for them to come!
13. Halloween tomorrow.
I am not excited. not sure why. usually I am.
excited for the candy.
but I am not.
why? I love candy.
it's a mystery. for halloween.
maybe tomorrow I will be excited.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
fell under your clutches.
I couldn't wait even one more month.
why do the stores do this to us?
the temptation is too great.
Christmas oranges and eggnog.
and it isn't even halloween yet.
at least the oranges are healthy.
I would advise you to just not even look at the nutrition label on the eggnog. and especially not how many calories are in there.
it is better not to know.
Monday, October 27, 2008
we shall see.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
I will be enjoying this cake my sweet sister made for me while she was watching my kids.
and then going to the crazy ward halloween party.
good times for all.
and now, once again- as I did last year,
I would love everyone who checks my blog today to leave a comment.
I see the numbers. I know there are a bunch of you out there!
today is the day to come out of the dark, and show yourselves.
don't be shy!
thanks so much! it will make my day!
now, off to sew!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
2. yesterday was a great day. do any of the rest of you have the same problem I do? when you finally get some time to yourself, you just don't know what to do with it?
3. but don't worry, I used it well
4. I hit the super cute quilt shop I love to visit, but never buy anything at. I am just to cheap- nay, thrifty for that.
5. then I hit Salvation Army- which I bought nothing at, Dollarama- bought a few things, and Value Village- where I hit the jackpot.
6. I guess maybe it was because I had no kids, and all the time I wanted to spend there. I bought a few things for halloween costumes, a few things for Christmas, and hmm- not really anything for me.
7. I did find super cute black dress shoes- with a bit of a heel
I am so not a heel wearer, but I would like to start- now that I am older!
but alas, I could only find one shoe. it fit like a dream. loved it. scoured all the shoe shelves three or four times, checked the floors, but it was not to be found.
I was pretty sad about that.
8. then I stopped at winners- used up the rest of a gift card I had, and bought a winter coat for Ben. I hope he likes it. I think it is really nice.
9. then I was right by a superstore, so I decided to stop in and see if they had the big huge bags of pretzels that I used to always buy at my extra foods, but they haven't had there for a very long while. they had some alright. I probably should have bought more than one.
10. and they had the small one litre cartons of chocolate milk for $1 so I thought I would buy one and keep it in the fridge- our room has a kitchen- fancy, no? but when I was ready to pay I saw the expiry date on it was OCT o8. then I was thinking, does it mean 2008, but no, milk never hs the year, only the day, and it was october 22. wow. can't believe they even have that in the store still, so needless to say, I left it there.
11. then I went back to the hotel, and Cory and I hit the Keg for supper. yummy. way expensive for this cheap- no, thrifty girl.
12. then we went to a mall and walked around. I bought another christmas present. loved the christmas dresses that were at gymborie- that doesn't look right, but you know what store I mean, right, and remembered last years dress fiasco- the girls haven't ever worn those dresses again, because I am afraid they will just fall apart. nice.
anyways, buying dresses is pretty tempting, but I do have an idea that just might work.
13. and that brings me to now, when I am sitting on the computer, waiting for Cory to call me and tell me he is done work, so I can get him, we can pick up something for my mom, maybe make a stop at a fabric store I just found that could be great- if Cory will indulge me, stop somewhere great for lunch and head back home.
I bet the kids are having such a great time with Aunt Shelley, they won't even want me to come home. do you think?
Monday, October 20, 2008
the drive was long.
Jed - who hates trips- got to stay at my sister's house and play the computer to his hearts content.
I don't think he will ever go anywhere with us again.
I don't do well at funerals.
Luckily I knew this and packed lots of kleenexes.
the cemetary was in the most beautiful spot- in the foothills outside of Cardston.
it was a beautiful day.
today was supposed to be quilting at the church.
apparently I was the only one who knew this or cared.
so I sewed until my bobbin thread ran out, then we came home
I am babysitting this afternoon.
I have seminary tomorrow- and haven't even opened my book.
shame on me.
I am also heading to Calgary tomorrow- right after seminary-
with Cory, he is going for work, for me it is all pleasure
thanks so much Shelley- I am sure my kids will be angels for you!
but before that I have to go visiting teaching.
then I will come back thursday.
head to book club.
then Friday is my birthday. hurray.
but the kids have no school. boo.
but cory is off work. hurray.
so he said he will stay home and I can go do whatever I want!
I will have to decide what I want to do.
then friday night is a halloween party at the church.
remember how I said I like homemade costumes?
oh, well, I have one done, and 3 to make.
and not much time to make them.
and my house is a mess.
and I am wasting too much time on the computer.
Friday, October 17, 2008
this is a huge mountain of recyclables waiting to be recycled. apparently they are building a new building to sort this in, so it will be delt with soon.
and this was the land fill. crazy. there was a Brick truck that dumped off all of those mattresses and boxsprings. I hope they didn't advertise that they would recycle them, because they definitely weren't being recycled. I believe that truck also dumped off a few couches and chairs- Jed and I watched a bulldozer completely smush one of the chairs. crazy amount of garbage and waste, but I was thoroughly impressed with the amount that the city is trying to recycle and reuse. the landfill will be full in June. then the city will be trucking the garbage to a landfill farther away, until a new facility is built that will do so much sorting and recycling that the actual amount of waste will be very small.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
singing a song is fun to do..
you know the one!
anyways today I will share with you what I am doing, or need to do
1. I am knitting this hat for somone for Christmas, and I am loving it. the yarn has some alpaca in it, and it is really nice! hope she likes it! 2. I am going to run on my treadmill- as soon as I am done blogging. I have done it for 3 days now- not very long runs, of course, but I run until I can run no more- which only takes about 3 minutes. hopefully I can build that up, so maybe next year I can run a whole 10 k. maybe.
3. Halloween. oh, sweet halloween.
we have a love/hate thing going on.
I love the candy, hate the rest.
okay, maybe not quite that bad. I love the costume excitement- seeing what we can come up with- this is what Sadie has decided on. I picked up the hat at IKEA, of all places, and am trying to make a layered colorful skirt, and a little top to go with it- she will be a carribean girl. so far, the skirt is kind of wacky, but I am hoping it will all turn out in the end. 4. I am trying to convince Jack to be a jack-in-the box. I think that would be so funny. cut some leg holes in a box, and put some straps on the top to go over his shoulders- funny.
I don't think he is buying it.
5. still working on my little craft area. the room is pretty much clean, but now all around the entrance is crowded with all the stuff I don't want in it, but don't really know what to do with. must clean that out.
anyways, instead of adding borders to it, I added two more rows, now I have the back ready, and need to pin it up and quilt it! exciting. this picture was taken before the rows were added on. or even made into blocks, and then rows.
7. I get to go on a field trip with Jed's class this afternoon. we are going to some place to find out what happens with the garbage and recycled stuff. I think. at least that is what I hope we are finding out- because I really am curious about it all.
8. I hope we go on a bus that says SCHOLAR HAULER on the side. I think that is so funny- and clever. makes me chuckle everytime I see a bus like that.
9. laundry. must be done today.
10. heading down south this weekend. Cory's grandpa died. he was such a sweet guy. he fed his horse peppermints. what is sweeter than that?
11. Jed- the one with the serious aversion to travelling really doesn't want to come. what a kid. need to do some calling to see if anyone wants a really sweet boy for the weekend. anyone? anyone?
12. I went into homesense yesterday- I have a gift card that needs to be used, and was thinking maybe I could get some more halloween decor, but when you walk in- everywhere is Christmas. what? is that crazy, or is it just me? can we wait until after halloween at least? weird.
13. I did manage to get a cute pumpkin head guy- the halloween stuff was all stashed in the front of the store. some of their stuff is creepy- in fact Maggie had a blanket with her- she is in a bring a blanket or a doll everywhere with her stage right now, and she stood at the edge of the halloween stuff hiding behind her blanket and crying. I was laughing and she was crying.
I am a good mom like that.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
what a great thanksgiving weekend!
I bought some shelves for my craft room- this is before. as you can see, no crafting gets done in there. I usually do it at the dining room table, but the boys, and Cory were cleaning the dining room out and packed all my stuff down here- added it to the pile. something had to be done!after:
well, by no means is it done, but look, I have room at the table to get busy crafting. and the Ikea shelves got assembled, and loaded up with crafts.
I think I need a few shelves and pictures on the wall straight ahead. it will come! slowly but surely.
still a couple of boxes to be sorted and stuff put away. soon. very soon.
After: much better. they have ears! oh, and I pulled out the winter wear, so the girls were trying it all on. Ben pretends he doesn't like it, but I think he really does.
Friday, October 10, 2008
these are the sheets- cut into fat quarters- that I sent. and this is what I just got in the mail this morning.
funny- the mail lady rang my doorbell, I was in my snazzy workout clothes, with the computer blaring music- because I can't find my mp3 player, and I wanted to run on the treadmill- nice.
but, ooohwee! I can't wait to cut into them. I have a few ideas. but I must finish one or two other projects first.
if I can hold off.
oh- in case you were wondering, those ribs were delicious.
Jack could hardly get enough.
the secret sauce- a bottle of honey garlic sauce. not barbeque sauce, but the sauce like in the asian aisle- by the plum sauce and stuff.
cut up the ribs, trim off the fat.
boil them for 1/2 hour.
then put them in a roaster with the sauce, cook at 325 for 1 1/2 hours,
okay, today I am determined to find some stuff and get halloween costumes started! it is coming quickly. the girls are ready, but the boys- well, I hope we can come up with something close to what they are wanting. I am all over the home made costumes. and no masks. the boys think it is because they scare maggie- which they do, but I really hate not knowing who is in a costume. freaky stuff.
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
it was very unexpected.
she was young- 25ish, I think
healthy- I had seen her out jogging a few times.
she was not a member of our church,
but she came to young women's camp- back when I was in YW to help with one of our girls.
she was so sweet.
it made me think.
think about life.
and remind myself of a few things.
yell a little less.
love a bit more.
don't waste so much time.
don't be bitter.
help others out.
take more pictures.
remember the fun times.
it made me glad I took maggie out yesterday to enjoy the last of the warm weather (they say today will be the last double digit day for a long time)
and glad I took my camera.
I love life.
Monday, October 06, 2008
put them in a fun pumpkin bucket-
because it is October, after all.
Maggie shook it up
here she is- shaking like a mad woman.then she reached in, and pulled out a namethen she showed me who it was. you can't see it? I believe it is upside down.
but it says Andrea!
yay, for Andrea. we will be in touch. think about what picture you want on your cute necklace!
I had a few commenters ask if I would share how they are made. I am sorry, but I paid a big wad of money- probably more than I should have- to learn how to make them, and I am not willing to disclose that information with others. but, I would love to make one for anyone - who is willing to pay! I will list one shortly in my Etsy shop, if you do not have an Etsy account, and are still interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to all who commented!
Saturday, October 04, 2008
but it wouldn't have mattered if I didn't.
I didn't sell one thing.
but if I had a dollar for everytime someone said my stuff was cute-
I wouldn't be rich,
but I would be richer than I am now.
Cory and Ben went down south to see Cory's grandpa.
he is pretty sick.
that is no good.
only 8 people want one of my cute tile neclaces?
come on people.
they are so cute.
just make a comment here,
and one could be yours.
super fabulous necklace.
one of a kind.
go for it!
make my day.
and did I miss office this week?, or was it really not on.
please tell me it wasn't on, because I would be really sad if I missed a new one.
my 3 1/2 year old just is not getting the pooping on the potty thing.
so it really, truly is stinky.
I did get my tomatoes canned.
and I did get to spend the day with my sister- at the craft sale.
thanks Shelley, that was fun.
-and there were two cute ladies at the table beside us who had really cute bags, and they didn't sell many either, and they were really nice.
and I get to watch whatever show I want on tv tonight. or maybe my chick flick I have been wanting to watch.
and I think I will do that while eating chocolate and knitting.
what a great way to end a somewhat stinky day.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
2. but that's okay. I probably would have just gone out and spent money anyways- so now I have to stay home and clean. or not.
3. probably leaning more towards the not.
4. I made these cookies. they are really yummy, and cake like, and they have pumpkin in them. how fallish is that? and they have chocolate chips, of course.
5. this is my necklace- at Kayli's request-with a picture by Bobbi-Jo.
it looks a bit pinkish here, but not in real life. The tile is 1 inch square, and I can use any picture- kids, family, couple, scenery, pets 6. if you would like a chance to own your very own unique necklace- or maybe even have one made for a friend (think Christmas)- see the previous post! I will pick a name on Monday. fun stuff!
7. Maggie was pushing around her toy vacuum this morning, while holding a doll in one arm, and I totally had a flash back to the days when I had little babies, and sometimes they just wanted to be held, and you had stuff to do, so you did what you had to do. and I missed those days. a tiny bit.
8. then I gave her the big vacuum and put her to work.
9. just kidding about that. but someone needs to vacuum around here, soon. it will probably be me.
10. why do I have to do all the work around here? oh wait- that is my 12 year old's line. I am such a slave driver. ya, right.
11. Well, it seems like the craft sale my sister and I were going to do is kind of a bust. people are strange. so, my sister might be sharing a table with the lady who told her about it, so I am just going to send a few things- like these cute dollies and hope for the best.
13. the weather has been incredible here this week. so beautiful and warm. love it. too bad Sunday is supposed to cool down, and I am sure we will not see weather like this again until July. I think I will sit outside and read all afternoon and soak up some vitamin D. nice!
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
and we all know birthdays mean gifts- right?
and because I have a new crafty skill,
and I want to share it with the world!
I am going to give one away!
look what I know how to make- photo tile necklaces! and since I am just starting out making these- this is one I made for my sweet sister in law Joanne,
I would love to get some more practice in.
so, in order to do that, I need to make some more.
I am wondering if any of you, my readers would like one.
I would need a picture emailed to me, one that is not the property of a photographer, but a picture that you have taken, or at least have the rights to do with it what you want to,
and I can do the rest!
make a comment- with an email, or a way to contact you,
and in a couple of days, I will pick a person who I will attempt to make a one of a kind keepsake for.