Tuesday, August 21, 2007

peaches

peaches, peaches, peaches.
thanks, Leanne, for starting it all.
I canned peaches all day yesterday- okay, not really all day, but for most of the morning, and Cory even helped me do a batch in the evening.
then today I had to finish the box, because they were ready.
and now Cory wants me to go buy some more peaches to can.
good times. I do love canned peaches, and they are not that hard to can- so I guess it is all worth it.
even Ben, my oldest said we should have a hundred cans for our food storage- which is exactly what Cory told me earlier, so Cory just looked at me with that look- like, yah, that's what I'm talking about!
so, I might be canning some more peaches in the very near future.

I had a little lost purse scare.
since Saturday, I haven't seen my purse.
finally today, I went to the Church to see if I left it there, that's the last place I went, after buying ice cream and dishes for the baptism, which was very nice, by the way! pictures to come.
but, no purse there, so then I headed to Extra foods, where I bought the ice cream and dishes, but they didn't have any purses that were were turned in. too bad I didn't have my purse, because they had a big pile of cases of peaches!
I was getting a bit concerned. I really didn't want to have to call all the places I have card for, get a new drivers licence, etc, yikes.
so once again, I was looking in our house. we had checked everywhere. there was a reward in place, so the kids had looked everywhere. nothing.
then, I am doing laundry in my room- well let me clarify, folding laundry in my room,which will not happen when I have my laundry room all finished in the basement- it will be grand!
I even called my cell phone, which was in my purse- I had left it turned off, but who knows, if someone had stolen, or found my purse, maybe they had turned it on, but no luck there either!- I don't know what I would have done if someone would have answered anyways!
so, emptying out a basket that had some laundry in, and some clothes I had just thrown on it, rather than put away- yes, I am guilty of doing that , and lo and behold, there was my purse at the bottom of the basket. I let out a shriek of joy, and was so very happy!
so today, in a nutshell, peaches, and a purse. yay.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

so happy you found the purse. And I'll need to try some peaches.

jessica said...

I have always wanted to can peaches!!! i was going to ask Brian's mom to teach me this summer. but it got busy with a baby and all!