Thursday, August 30, 2007

thirteen things I am working on...


1. knitting three little hats, just like this one, for three little nieces I will be seeing this weekend.
2. getting the laundry off my living room floor. someday, hopefully soon, I will have a laundry room, and clothes will never be left on my bed, or livingroom floor again. no, really, they won't!
3. signed up for "going healthy in September" here.
should be good! I said I would only eat chocolate on Saturday. I am glad September 1st is a Saturday!heehee. off to a good start! , get to bed by 10, drink more water, and walk three times a week. do- able. I can do it, yes I can!
4. reading Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen, part of my 33 things to do before I am 34. got the idea on Elsie Flannigans blog. I think she had a scrapbook page of 23 things before she turned 24, I thought that was a great idea. I am actually enjoying the book.
5. getting ready for the drive to Kindersley again- this time for 2 baby blessings and a baptism. good times.
6. no longer working on my leper bandage! yay, I finished it this last week. I think that project has been going on for at least a year. done. my kids kept asking what I was crocheting. I tried to tell them what it was for, but leprosy is kind of a hard thing for kids to wrap their minds around.
7. photography. I am taking that class, but have not handed in any homework yet. sheesh. I just need to focus on the whole shutter speed thing, and get my camera off the auto mode.
8. seminary starts next week. ack. met with the other teacher today, and we went through the cupboard and threw out a bunch of old stuff. I have a manual now, and can get some lessons going!
9. had my kids help me pick some chokecherries yesterday, and made some syrup. so delicious on pancakes. I need to get the jars put away. I am debating going out and picking some more- it would have to wait till monday when we are back, but I know I will be sad when it is all gone later, and wished I would have made more!
10.wrapping up the school supply shopping, gathering it up into the backpacks,getting ready to send the kids off on Tuesday. :)
11. on Tuesday, the two little girls I will be babysitting in the fall came to visit me. I have babysat the older one before, but their mom is going back to work after a maternity leave, and I have only seen the little one once before when she was a tiny baby. I think it will be good, and the mom is a substitute teacher, so it isn't everyday, which is great! Maggie will have someone to play with somedays, good because I am sure whe will get bored with just me around all day.
12. I need to find my mp3 player and load the Hairspray soundtrack on to it, so we can rock out on our drive tomorrow. so fun. when I took my kids to see it last week, the words were on the screen whenevern there was a song on. how fun. I just wanted to sing along, even though I didn't know the songs too well. how fun. they should have had a sing along night where anyone who wanted to sing could! I would be there!
13. getting my kids to bed so I can scrapbook a page or two. it has been a really long time, and I just picked up a bunch of pictures today, so I am itching to do something with them!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Love the hat Kristi. I can't wait until Kami fits into it which will be perfect when the weather is cold. I love having such a talented SIL. Thanks for taking pictures of us this weekend too. Consider this your "thank you card" !!!