Friday, June 18, 2010

oh, the gall

(picture from prettysmartblog.wordpress.net)

so, our city has decided to help "revitalize the down town core" and have a big old city wide garage sale on Saturday.
of course this saturday.
when we need to be gone - two different places most of the day,
a cousins baptism, chief scout award ceremony, both in the morning,
the kids piano recital in the afternoon.
sheesh. all good things, to be sure, but lots of garage sales, and even tables lining the streets! you never know what you might find.
I will console myself by thinking it is all worthless junk.

(and maybe I will go out this afternoon, and see if I can find any that are starting early!)


1 comment:

Kayli said...

I love love LOVE that picture!! Soooo funny!
But don't be too sad about missing tomorrow- I've found that those big huge ones are the worst. I mean it's possible you could find some good stuff, but it's way more unlikely than just going to individual sales. In my experience. (I think because if it's a neighborhood thing, and people don't have to plan it themselves they just haul out whatever junky junk happens to be lying around.)
Garage sales are maybe the number 1 thing I miss about the States (/North America). That and cheddar cheese.