Thursday, February 01, 2007

thursday stuff

another photo shoot with a cute girl and a tutu. fun stuff. she is so willing to pose for me, that I need to take full advantage!

she is a sweet little thing.

well today we all went for a trip to downtown
edmonton and went to a new dentist. well, Cory has been going to him for a while now, and i actually went to him about 10 years ago, back when we had no coverage, and no money, and a really bad tooth, and he fixed it. so sweet. so anyways, we all went to him, and surprise, I get to go back next week. man. I had like 1 cavity my whole life, until I got married, and stopped going to the dentist for a while, and started having children. now I think at least half my teeth have fillings. sheesh.

okay, had a couple requests for the granola recipe- I sadly cannot tell you where I got it- off someones blog, while clicking from blog to blog, and could probably never find it again, but glad I wrote it down- so here it is!

bring these to a boil-
2/3 c honey
1/4 c oil
1 tbsp cinnamon

mix in large bowl-
1/2 c coconut
4 c rolled oats
1 c unsalted sunflower seeds
1/2 c wheat germ
1/2 c oat bran
1/4 c sesame seeds
1 c chopped nuts
mix together with the boiled mixture. flatten into large pan, bake 325 for 10 min, stir it up, flatten it out, and bake another 10.
then I add raisins, till it looks like enough. not a huge raisin fan, just like a touch of sweetness. keep it in a sealed container- I just use an icecream bucket!
I use sliced almonds, and I didn't use the sesame seeds. and I just used quick oats, and they are fine. I got most of the stuff in the bulk section at the grocery store, but not the wheat germ. had to look hard for that and found it in the cereal aisle. make it, and enjoy! we do!- not my kids, they won't touch it- picky things that they are!

so my computer won't go to hotmail. why?
I don't know.
it is driving me crazy
I mean, I really want that junk I get-
hardly ever good stuff, but you never know, right?
so, if you are trying to email me- maybe! I cannot get in!!!
I will keep trying though.
crazy, I tell you.

and I didn't exercise this morning- my usual turbo jam
and I need to get myself geared up, and do it now,
but that is usually my thing I do right after the kids go to school,
and now it just doesn't feel right.
excuses, excuses.

3 comments:

jessica said...

Super cute pictures!

Kayli said...

Oooh, I love how her hands are on her cheeks and the DOF. Adorable. Did you make the tutu? So so fun!
They are great pictures...my husband would say "Why doesn't she have a shirt on?"
When I sent out Christmas cards this year, my baby was naked against a black background with a bow on her back (I know, I know, it's totally been done before) and my husband said, "Oh no, we're not going to be one of those dumb people with a naked baby picture are we?" Yes we are! Ha ha. Cause I like 'em.

Thanks for writing the granola recipe. I'll have to stop reading blogs and make it! Have a good day.

Kayli said...

My husband also said that she looks like a Livingstone.