so lets go with the Thursday 13!
1. painted my bathroom on Tuesday. it looks fresh and springy and light.
2. hope to get to the bedroom on Saturday. need to be done the whole clean up, organizing thing by Wednesday for the organizing challenge. nice to have a deadline, I work better that way.
3. my throat hurts. it started to yesterday, I was hoping it would go away, but it didn't. I don't feel like eating. probably a good thing!
4. spring is here! yay. light sweaters is all we need. we have pulled out the capris and sandals. love it.
5. have my passport almost ready to go. just need someone to sign it for me, then the dreaded trip down town. hopefully will be good to go at the end of June to Virgina, and a couple of days in NYC with my sister shelley. fun fun fun.
6. wow, I am having a hard time coming up with things to say today.
7. oh- just finished a book called the Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls. very interesting, I got sucked in. finished it in just a few days. try it!
8. I was sitting in my back yard envisioning what it could be- a patio set on the little patio- us enjoying suppers and lunches out there, a badminton net set up, lots of vegetables growing, and some beautiful flowers. hmm. looks nice, yes? now, how to go about it. the one big flower bed has a huge tree at the back of it that provides much shade. not good for growing the veggies, I think I got one or two carrots last year, but quite a few cucumbers. something else I hope to get better at- gardening.
9. book club tonight. we read the 5 people you meet in heaven. by Mitch Albom. very interesting. so stressful to pick a book for everyone to read. it was my turn last month, so I am good for a while.
10. I am making baked potato soup for supper tonight. my kids don't like it, but Cory and I do. so good. the potatoes are baking right now. then I make potato skins with the leftover skin, you scoop out the insides for the soup. apparently my skins have something to be desired. maybe I will have to research potato skins on the internet this afternoon. yum. I hope I feel like eating tonight!
11. also making bran muffins. the kind you make a big batch of and keep the dough ( I don't think that is the word, the mix- I don't know!) in the fridge and just bake them up as you need them. some of my kids eat them, but some don't. I think it is because of the raisins.
12.laundry. yep. can it never be done? that is the sad thing about it. when you think you are done, there is always more. yuck.
13. the last of our two original fish died this week. he was old. now we still have a bunch of snails, one tetra, sadie's fish Ariel, and Jack's fish- shadow. I have learned that I am not a pet person. even though I don't do anything for these fish, I will not be sad if they are all gone. nope, not at all.