Thursday, July 26, 2007

13 things I learned on my trip

1. m&m's come in tons of pretty colors, but those pretty
colors come at a price. but the snickers bars are pretty cheap at that store. yummy.





2. in $100 bills, I am approximately $1, 500, 000 tall. good to know.

3. American money is colored now, because it is harder to counterfit. I had to chuckle when the tour guide told us that, because Canadian money has been different colors for a long time. We Canadians are ahead of America in one thing! heehee.
4. When you stop in Maryland to take a picture by the sign, check your pants for spiders, or you might find one on your leg a few miles down, and have to stop again to get it off your leg and out of the car. -it was a big, ugly spider too, not just a little cutesy one! if there really are any of those!
5. when driving out east, make sure you have lots of change for the toll roads. fun stuff.







6. I know why they have those handy little handles in the NYC taxi's! it is in case you get a crazy driver- which I think they have to be, in order to drive a taxi in NY, that drives on the sidewalk, in order to get around a garbage truck that is blocking the road.


7. despite the many large piles of garbage that were everywhere, the garbage truck does come! we had to drive crazy to aviod it! (see 6)

8. NYC makes enough garbage every day to fill the Empire State Building. every day. wow. that is a lot of garbage.
9. I am shocked and appalled, as was my sister, at the serious lack of recycling in the states. crazy. If the bums could cash in those empties for money, like they can here, and apparently in HI and MI, there wouldn't be so many bums, and not so many empty cans and bottles everywhere! and don't get us started on the cardboard boxes.

10. I am not a big fan of birds, and those pidgeons that come far too close to people were creeping me out. yuck.





11. Times Square is a wild place. bright lights, a million people, and despite that, pretty safe, or maybe not , due to the tons of cops, at least 2 on every block.

12. even religion is found in times square. a few times over, actually. what a place.

13. I am happy to live in my small city, with not so many crazy drivers, very few taxis, and not alot of pedestrians everywhere. NYC was something to see once, but I think once is enough.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow- crazy stuff. Looks like a lot of fun though.

Itworksforbobbi said...

LOL! I felt like I was THERE! Creeps me out about the spider, though. I don't mind spiders, usually, but if I happen to find one up my pant leg, even dogs wouldn't be able pick up my girly screams! Too cool that you were in NYC! I've always wanted to see it - but maybe your blog is close enough.