Thursday, July 05, 2007

sweet summer time

1. it is hot here today- 30+ degrees. I think we are going to hunker down inside and watch movies.
sounds good to me!
2. the farmers market starts in town today, I think we might have to head there and get some fresh vegetables. yum.
3. I haven't heard from Ben and Jack who are at grandma's for 2 weeks. I will assume they are having far too much fun to call home to mom. I wish I had cousins to hang out with when I was a kid. I have 4 that are older than us, and 2 that are younger, none the same age. sad. fun that my kids have so many great cousins, and a grandma who is willing to have 6 boys at her place for 2 weeks. fun stuff.

4. I had three willing subjects last night, so we went out and took pictures. I enjoy it, but have so very much to learn.
practice, practice.

5. and a lot to learn about photoshop too. practice, practice.

6. I really liked this picture of sadie blowing the dandylion seeds.



7. this is Maggie when we were watching the fireworks on Sunday night. she is funny.

8. we were woken up this morning at the early hour of 8 by a jackhammer. our neighbor is replacing a part of their driveway, so they were there bright and early to dig the old one out. it's funny because our whole driveway is in way worse condition than their one part was. but holy cow, is it expensive. our driveway will just have to stay the way it is for a long time!
9. a week from right now I will be on an airplane! I don't fly much. only twice before, and the last time was when I was pregnant with Sadie, and I got air sick. really hoping that doesn't happen this time!

10. the gamecube is getting a lot of use the past couple of days. on our livingroom floor. luxury around here. haha. anyways, flattering picture of me playing the bongos. such a fun game. hilarious to watch. we need to get another set of drums so we can have some competition. good times around here.

11. so funny how kids can watch the same movies over and over. we got a free Berenstain Bears DVD in a big box of diapers I bought, and that is all Maggie ever wants to do- watch bersin bears. morning, noon and night. good times. Sadie can quote it. I think we have watched it a few too many times.

12.I just bought some zucchini seeds. is it too late to plant them now? if all I want are small ones to grill? so delish.

13. watched Elizabethtown last night. cute show, making me excited for my big road trip! fun stuff.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

great photos. It's probably never to late to plant zuchini. looks like a fun time with those bongos.

Kayli said...

ooooh ooh ooh...I LOVE the picture of Jed!! It is a masterpiece seriously! Like, cover of a magazine perfection. And Sadie blowing dandylion seeds is so awesome too--the way they are a little bit fuzzy going off into the air. Priceless. great great job.

jessica said...

i also really like the one of Jed and of the dandylion ones. very very good. wasn't that heat crazy? I'll bet New York is hotter! have fun!!

Shelley said...

Yup! The heat there is just getting you ready for the heat here. I can't wait. I finally updated my blog- and made some changes.