Thursday, August 14, 2008

1. this is my hour glass quilt top. I thought I was done. I took it to show to my mom and sister, and they think I should add some borders. I am not sure how I feel about that. I do like it though!2. can school start sooner, because I am so ready.
3. okay, not really ready, as in school supplies bought, or anything like that- but so ready for most of my kids being away from me for many hours every day.
4. although we do get to go camping- finally, so that might be fun. but I will still have to be with my kids for a majority of the time- but it is at a scout camp, and the kids are actually going to have scheduled activities that they will go to without me, so that is a great thing!
5. I finally got my hands on Breaking Dawn. hoping to read it during the camping trip.

6. this is Milly. she is sweet. but I think her dress needs a couple of buttons, just for fun. I got the pattern here.

7. the weather was down right chilly at the beginning of the week. now today it is back to hot again. I wish we could just even out the weather and have pleasant warm days all the time. wouldn't that be nice?

8. I had a little meeting with the other two seminary teachers this morning- I guess it is time to start thinking about that again. I am happy to be teaching home study- just once a week in the evening, as opposed to every day, early in the morning for the other teachers. this year I am hoping to get my kids to do their home study work every day, like they are supposed to. could be interesting.

9. so, my kids have some friends who were grounded off screens for a week- no computers, tv, game cube- that kind of thing. and one of them is over here. do I make my kids turn off everything? not sure what is the right thing to do. maybe just send the kid back home!

10. my kids are just on my back, waiting for their turns on the computer, so I had better get finished with my thirteen things quick- so they will stop bugging me!

11. I did it! I got my hair cut short. it is fun, quick, and easy. love it! here is just part of it. it is tough getting a decent self portrait. someday I will have it down!

12. I don't think we have ever gone camping yet for as many days in a row as we will be this time. that is alot of food and clothes and stuff that needs packed. yikes. at least we will be close to stores- in case anything gets missed. and hopefully close to a laundromat, because I doubt we have room for enough clothes for that many days- without washing at least once.

13.alright, I had better go get some food for our trip, some laundry done, so we have clean clothes to start with at least, and maybe even a clean house, so we can come home to one. isn't that the best part of a trip- or at least I imagine it would be, since we never quite get to that point, but to walk into a nice clean house at the end of it all would be really great. here's hoping!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the hair cut! So cute!
HAve fun camping! Now if you can get the laundry done, clean house, packing and everything else BEFORE you leave....PLEASE let me in on your secret as to how that was done. : D

Joanne said...

I LOVE IT!! ( your hair cut) and the little doll actually turned out way cuter than I thought. You just had the right fabric. awesome. bring that and the tile necklace to the reunion k?

Kayli said...

I always laugh at your posts. Loved #9 and 13. Your quilt is SOOOOOOO beautiful! I love it. If you feel like you don't have any room in your house for it, you could always send it my way. ;)
And your hair is way cute. Glad you took a picture.
Have fun camping!