Wednesday, August 13, 2008

tonight

oh, I wish I had my camera with me.
I usually bring it along with us most places we go.
but not tonight. sadly.
I headed out to a family's farm in our ward.
they have chickens.
and they were selling some.
dead. not alive.
and I forced all the kids to come with me.
a couple against their will.
I guess it wasn't such a bad place after all.
the kids didn't want to leave.
I was driving out of the driveway with Maggie screaming because I was leaving the boys behind- because they just weren't coming.
but I ended up bringing them all home.

Jack and Jed were all over the chicken barn.
they discovered if you throw anything- even a rock into the chicken yard, they will all gather to it. it is kind of a funny thing.
and those chickens are stinky.

when we were getting our chicken, Maggie said she wanted to go see the alive chickens. I thought that was hilarious.
there was also a dog, that terrified Maggie,
and three very cute kittens.
sometimes I think I would like to live in the country.
(but with no chickens.)
and then we head home.
the long drive home.
and I like my little city home again.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! I can relate to this post on SO many levels. Love how your write. Sounds like it was a very successful day. Kids can be so funny. What would life be like without them, eh?

Kayli said...

Sounds AWESOME. I'm sad you didn't bring your camera too. :)

I think it's funny how Maggie was screaming when you were leaving w/o the boys. Good little sister.