Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The last Thursday before school starts.

1. can you tell I am so excited for school? I have said it before, and I'll say it again. I can't wait!

2. I love my kids, really I do. but I love to be away from them, so I can miss them, and when they come back I can love them more.

3. on Tuesday I took all 5 of my kids, and 3 extra's I had that day to the cheap theaters to see Kung fu Panda. but we got there too late, and it was sold out- to a bunch of day care groups- so I was kind of glad we weren't in a theatre with that many kids.



4. so we divided and conquered- I took the girls and saw Kit Kittredge, and the boys went to more manly movies. good times.



5. then I had the hankering to see Mamma Mia, so I went with my sister to it that evening. when we got to the theatre, it was packed- the lobby. it was insane. really. so anyways, when it was our turn to pay, the lady said there was front row only. so we took it. why they even have seats that close is beyond me. but I loved it. and want to go back- to the sing along version, and sit in the back, so I can see the whole screen at once, and not have a sore neck at the end.



6. when we were at the movie an old lady kept walking past us, we were confused, then I heared someone talking on their cell phone in the hall, yep, it was the old lady. funny. not just teenagers, but old ladies get important calls too. really.

7. now I can't get enough of ABBA. just want to dance. out on a peir. with flippers on my feet, and a whole lot of guys. so funny. loved it.

8. while on that awesome sandbar in Saskatchewan, Cory made a maze in the sand, and the kids, and adults had a fun time wandering through it. Cory commented that he was sad not to see it on my blog. funny.
so here it is, with his brother, and a sister in law trying to figure out how to get out of it. good times.


9. oh, I long for that hot sunny day. this week has been quite chilly. I think summer is over. sad. so short. but bring on fall! and school. I am ready.

10. actually, I am not quite ready. still have some more school supplies to get. must get on that.

11. we all have dentist appointments this afternoons. now that is a fun way to spend an afternoon!

12. the kids did get turns on the computer yesterday, I must confess. I am a big softy.

13. I am going to go make myself a toasted tomato sandwich for lunch with a tomato from my neighbors garden. mine are not quite ready yet. yummo.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

fun maze. I can't believe you didn't write about it earlier. haha. And what's up with seeing a movie without me? I'm feeling dejected now.
Enjoy your last few days before school starts. You should home school. hahaha.