Tuesday, October 02, 2007

lost and found

so, last week was the Terry Fox walk.
I joined in with Sadie's class, walked a loop- not too fast, because they are first fraders- easily distracted by the leaves and branches that are falling off the trees. Maggie fell asleep in the stroller, so when the grade one loop was done, I decided to go find where Jack and Jed's classes were, and finish up the walk with them. But, on my way to find them, I realized Maggie was shoeless. I know she had shoes on when we left the house, and if they had fallen off while she was awake, she would have made it known.
So, I finished the loop with the bigger boys, then walked the other loop again to try and find these shoes!
walked and walked, and there was one, on the sidewalk near the end of the loop. kept walking, and there was the other one on the road right where I had crossed to go find the other kids. sheesh. I should have thought about it- obviously they fell off when Maggie was asleep, and she fell asleep on the last bit, so I should have walked the reverse, but no. I took the long way.
but, I found them, so all is well. I do love these shoes. she can put them on all by herself, can be washed up very easily, and hopefully will fit her for another year.
and that is my tale of the lost and found shoes. the end.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

glad you found the good shoes. Good shoes are hard to find- especially ones they can put on themselves and can be cleaned.