Wednesday, October 03, 2007

off the beaten path

on Saturday morning I drove to the far south side of edmonton to pick up my three boys, who got to spend the night at my sister's house playing comuter and games with her husband- staying up to the wee hours. such lucky boys. On the way home, down a country road, we saw a garage sale sign, and I am not one to turn away a garage sale- so we turned and drove, and wondered if we missed it, but then we saw it, and turned into the drive of a beautiful big brick house- I think it was some kind of school, but not sure, anyways at the back in a big shelter was the sale- woah. what a sale it was. some stuff was priced in the corner where some kids from the school were selling their stuff, but these two girls there were funny- they said to make a deal because they weren't sure about pricing. cute.
so, anyways, a while ago I decided I wanted to get a little collection af globes going- I am sure I saw it in some pottery barn catalogue- book shelves with a bunch of globes on top. I like it!
so, at the beginning of the garage sale season, I bought the middle globe for $1. got the little on in the Target Dollar spot in Virgina, and picked up the other two globes at this great sale- not even sure how much I paid- I had an armfull of stuff, and gave them all the money I had, which really wasn't much, sadly, and walked happily away. and that was my favorite find of the weekend! I will have to wait till the basement is done, and see where these globes can go, to see how much room I have- if any, for more!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I've seen that pottery barn ad too with the globes! So cute!

Shelley said...

That is cute... especially the little guy from Target. What a bargain shopper you are!! So fun!