Thursday, November 15, 2007

this is today..

1. I thought I had much more time to make these Christmas dresses, until I realized they should wear them to the Christmas party, which is on Dec. 1., and Sadie demands it be ready for the school Christmas concert, which is in the middle of Dec. boy, I had better get cutting and sewing! - btw, they will hopefully look just like the off white one in the picture! we shall see.

2. the boys ( well, all of us) do flyers, this is a portion of the flyers we got yesterday, which need to be sorted and bagged, then on Fridays we get the local paper that we add to the bag, then the boys go and deliver. oh no, I just remembered that Cory and Ben will be off on a school camping trip Friday/Saturday. shoot, I guess it's me and the littles this week.yuck. oh, I need to call the girl in charge, and see if we can cut our 2 routes down to one, it is just too much for us folk, and if she won't devide them up, then we are through. that wouldn't be so bad either.
3. Maggie wanted me to take a picture of her. isn't she cute.

4. yesterday I took the kids and one friend to Chuck.E. Cheese. that place is crazy. I got 70 tokens for $13 something, and they played games for about a half hour, cashed in their tickets for some super cheap prizes. wow. the friend wanted to get more tokens, so he could get more tickets, but I convinced him, and the rest that we would be better off stopping at the dollar store. so we did. good times.

5. that quilting blog I referred to a few posts back is having a quilt-a-long. she is showing how to do a quilt block a week for 12 weeks. here is my first block. I started with some fabric I had for another project, but I think for the rest of the squares I am going to use fabric I really like from my stash. then I will have a quilt I love. good idea, huh?

6. working on a few knitted hats- commissioned to do by my sister who is my business finder. what a gal! trying to figure out the one in the picture. could be cute, if I can do it properly! fun stuff.

7. I think I am ready for some real snow- but only on the grass, not on the roads and sidewalks. is that too much to ask for? probably. It is just very blah outside, and I am starting to think Christmas, but it doesn't look or feel Christmas. know what I mean?
8. another project I am hoping to finish today- a present for someone special!

9. and the quilt is done, also something for some more special people we know. I just love making things, yay for Christmas time!

10. I have so many projects to work on- better not waste anytime doing nothing! busy, busy. I love that I can knit, or many other things while watching tv- like I am being lazy, but not really. fun.

11. I was trying to find the post to link you to, but the pictures weren't coming up, but last December I started on a felt circle garland thingy for my tree, but when I went to put it on, it only went around the tree once. sheesh, so that is another project I want to get going on, so it can go around the tree more than once! that would be good!

12. we had a roasted chicken for supper the other night, so tonight, chicken soup for supper. yummy! can't wait for supper. that's not something I say every day!

13. alright, off to clean and craft, and sew, and knit, and hopefully convince Maggie to come to extra foods with me- we need milk.

2 comments:

Kami said...

Wow and double wow! I can't believe you do all that. I am appalled. I consider myself lucky if I do the dishes. I did read a book till late last night, but that doesn't count as "doing something." Anyway, good luck on your projects.

Andrea said...

So nice. you are the super woman. Why did you have to take all the crafty talent from me??
Atleast I get to enjoy some of them sometimes.