Thursday, January 03, 2008

almost 13

1. so , you know the Christmas song with the line- Mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again? yah, that's about where I am at.

2. I am caught up with my quilt squares for the quilt along! yay. will have to take pictures of them tomorrow when the sun is shining.

3. here is a shot of Sadie from the front with her cute hair cut. so easy to do, and no long hair to brush through. but no ponies and braids. I do miss those, a bit.

4. my hair cutting sister is taking a break, and my boys were looking like shaggy on scooby doo, so I pulled out Cory's clippers and went to it, and they don't look to shabby, if I say so myself!

5. how can I have a 12 year old child? when did this happen? I can't be that old, can I? scary stuff.

6. if anyone hears of a fantastic sale on nintendo DS, let me know- they are part of my Christmas plans for next year. nothing like getting a head start on Christmas shopping! just looking out for the deals, because I am thinking I might need 4 of them, so they are all even- you know how it is.

7. I took some pictures for a couple that used to be in our ward, but moved away, but their house is still for sale 4 months later. that's tough, I think it is a sign that they should move back! so anyways, her family was hanging out at their home here on Saturday and I got to take pictures of them all, this was one of them I thought was fun.

8. took pictures for another friend, but the lighting was not good, and there are a lot of blurry ones. not good. need to play around, see what I can do to fix them up, if anything.

9. so, no drywall in the basement yet. the latest was that the guy said between Christmas and new years. yah, that's come and gone, and still no drywall. I am sad. can't wait, need more space- for the kids, for the stuff that is crammed everywhere.

10. speaking of stuff, I bought myself a book- Cory and I each filled our own stockings this year. I think it is great, then I know I will get stuff I want! haha. anyways, back to the book, it is called, It's all too much by Peter Walsch. he is the organizer guy on Clean Sweep. inspired once again to get rid of the extra stuff. I went through the girls clothes, now that Sadie is 6, she has to make a fuss whenever the tags say 5, so I pulled out the too big stuff, went through it , got rid of some, some worn out too small stuff, man, that feels good. cleaning it out. need to do more of that! much more.

11. I have been getting rid of more things, not just the girls clothes, that was just one example. did some movies, my t- shirts, the cabinet in my bathroom. so much more to go!

12. hmm. I am sitting here thinking of what to say and drawing a complete blank. I think it is time for bed!

back with pictures of quilt squares tomorrow!

No comments: