Monday, January 28, 2008

what a day.

last night, President Hinckley, the prophet of our church died. what a great man he was. such a great sense of humor, and busy, and inspiring. a few weeks ago I finished up this stitchery of some great words of advice from that wonderful man. I am eager to get it framed and hanging in our kitchen to remind us all to be better! thanks President Hinckley!


yesterday some very cold weather blew in, and snow, and nastiness. this morning I laid in bed listening to the radio waiting to hear that the schools were closed, but no such luck, so I bundled the kids up warm and sent them across the street. so nice that we live so close! Poor Ben had to walk farther to his school, but I wasn't willing to go outside, and drive on these bad roads to get him there. bad mom. they say it is -30 , but with the wind chill, -45. yuck. I should probably get out there and shovel off the steps.
Cory was supposed to be driving to Calgary today, but he changed his plans, and now he is flying. maybe I'll get Cory to shovel before he leaves!
I see a lot of hot chocolate drinking in our near future. yum.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the 6 B's! So awesome that you had just finished that. Isn't this weather crazy?!!!! I decided not to send mine to school. It was WAY to cold to walk and I was not going to start up the van either (probably wouldn't' start anyway.) Good thing your kids live to close to the school.

Andrea said...

too bad school wasn't cancelled, although a more relaxing day for you.

Shelley said...

Yowza. I think Virginia would shut down for a month if we had that weather. Maybe I don't want to move home. Cute stitching. Love it.