Thursday, January 17, 2008

13

1. 13 is the actual number of kids I had at my house after school yesterday. I will show you the math. 5 are mine ( that is a houseful, right there!!) then I had one boy I was watching while his mom was at the hospital with her grandma. I had him from 11:00, when he got out of kindergarten, till his mom came to pick him up when she came and got her other kids after school. that is 6. then I had the 2 girls that I usually babysit. we are up to 8. then the other girl that I get every day after school. 9. then I had one little boy most of the day- he mom is off to Washington for her grandfathers big 80th birthday bash, and his 3 brothers came over after school until their dad came to pick them up. there we go. 13. and it was very crazy for a while there. today I will only have 12. easy peasy. ha.

2. put a few things in my etsy shop! sweater and hat set are in there. wish I had a baby boy I could model it on, looks much cuter on a baby, of course.

3. so today started out at -4 degrees, or so the radio said, and it is supposed to go down to -13 tonight. yuck. and it is snowing right now. double yuck.
4. I moved the 2 big bins of Christmas stuff out to the back steps to get them out of the house, but didn't get them all the way to the garage, and now they are getting covered with snow. sheesh. should have jsut carried them the few more feet to the garage. I was hoping Cory might do it, but no.
5. I had seen a few blogs with cute self portrait pictures, so I attempted. wow. it is hard getting a good picture of yourself. never mind that I really don't like any pictures of myself, but here is one that was okay. here is me!
6. the kid's school put out a video of the christmas concert, and we watched the kids classes as soon as they got home from school the other day. watching the finale- the hallelujah song, still gave me chills! it is funny because most of the kids are just yelling it. but it gave me chills none the less. I love that our school can include Christ in our christmas concerts. one of the classes even did a little play of the nativity. love it!
7.I must confess, I am an ice chewer. I fill cups up with ice and eat them. I crave ice. lots of times when I am in the van driving, I wish for a cup of ice. Jack got a free meal at McDonalds, and when he came home he even gave me his cup of ice. I could have low iron. that might be behind it all. I should probably get that checked. Cory says I will ruin my teeth.
well, my cup is empty, I need to go get more ice!

8. this is the usual state of my living room. little people everywhere. what was I thinking getting more of that for Maggie for christmas? the big peices are so big, and storing them- not easy. when we finish that basement we will have to get a spot just for the little people stuff.

9. no progress on the basement to report. sadly. hopefully soon, but I am not holding my breath.

10. I worked on the girls easter dresses last night. almost done Maggies, and I had her try it on to see how long I needed to make it, and it is a bit big. hmm. maybe I should see if it fits Sadie! I don't think Maggie will grow too much in the next 2 months.

11. I have some cream cheese brownies in the fridge that are calling my name. can you hear it? come to my house, and they can call your name too!

12. thinking a bunch about the girls night out with the goodie box girls. could be fun. it's filling up fast, so I need to act. I really want to see what the projects are- see if they are up my alley- right now I am leaning towards taking myself to the scrapbook store and buying a whole lot of stuff, and doing my own thing. I am bad at making decisions! Kim and Talia, show me some stuff! help me decide!

13. wow, I am already done my quilt square for the week! sort of on the ball with that one. now if only I can get on the ball with the rest of my life! haha.

6 comments:

Kayli said...

Okay, I tried commenting before about a billion times but it wouldn't let me. Ruff.

I just wanted to say that your sweater and hat are very cute--I love the colors.

And your self-portrait is very nice. (I also like the wreath in the background.)

And, I think I'll drop off my three kids at your house. Not for any particular reason except that you seem to love babysitting so much! :)

Andrea said...

cute self portrait. love the little people. And I do hate how they are so big.
if i have a boy he can be your little model. cute.

Kami said...

I loved the hat and sweater too, way cute!! I like Kayli's idea, you can take my kids too. Hee. Hee. Also, I'm sorry about your basement. Those brownies sound delicious right now too.

kaylani said...

The sweater set is so cute!! Kai loved the sweater you made him...or I loved it and he wore it a lot! How ever that works.

kaylani said...

Why is my comment the only one with a picture??

Shelley said...

Very cute sweater. and hat. I think you need to make me one! And I relly like your header picture. You need to show me how to do it. Maybe you should just do everything for me!! :)