Tuesday, February 26, 2008

a cookie, and soup


hey, Shelley, look what I found- those delicious sugar cookies at my grocery store- and chocolate to boot! so delish. that one is sitting there, taunting me. we will see how long it will last! not too much longer, I am sure!
I had big plans yesterday, to make Baked Potato Soup- and take pictures all along the way- the way Pioneer Woman does- so fun, but it didn't happen. I did make it, and it was so good- so I will just share the recipe with you, and if you so desire, make it, and try it, you just might love it! I know I do!
first I will give you the recipe the way it is- then I will tell you what I do differently- okay, here it is-
2 large baking potatoes
3 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
1/3 c margarine
1/3 c flour
2 tsp fresh dill or 1/4 tsp dried
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 c milk
3/4 c cheddar cheese shredded
4 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
bake potatoes. cool, scoop out insides. In large saucepan cook onion in margarine until tender. stir in flour, dill, salt and pepper. add milk. cook and stir til thickened and bubbly. Add potato and half of cheese. stir until cheese melts. garnish with cheese, more green onion and bacon. serves 6.
okay- I bake about 6 potatoes- I guess I like it more chunky. I never have dill, so I skip that, I usually try to use powdered milk in baking- gotta use it somehow! I guess that is about all I do differently.
but I also save the skins from the potatoes, put cheese, green onion and bacon on those, broil them, then we have them with sour cream. yum. it is a pretty economical meal- and delicious to boot! love it! and if you go to Red Robins you can get some there too- you could probably make a whole pot at home for what a bowl will cost you there, but it will still taste good, and you won't have to wash the dishes!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I printed your recipe.....I can't wait to try it! Did the last cookie survive? : D

Shelley said...

Everytime I go to the grocery store I am tempted to by those cookies. So far I have been strong. But that picture has made me weak. Yummm. Hope you enjoyed it.