Thursday, January 07, 2010

13 random Thursday thoughts

1. I just found out that Amy Adams (Gislele in Enchanted) is 35.
really? that old?
I mean, that young?
one year younger than me!
why do these things always surprise me?
and intrigue me?
weird.
( I mean me, I am weird.)

2. the eating less sugar this year thing is not going well.
just saying.
I love me some sugar.
especially in the chocolate form.
love.

3. etsy.
I love you. as much as I love chocolate. and that is saying something.
my store there has taken off the last few months.
it is amazing.
what a great idea. etsy, I mean.
there are some smart people out there.
and those smart people are getting rich.
how do they come up with these things?

4. speaking of etsy-
it has made me a frequent visitor of the post office.
we are friendly there.
buddies.
I need to go visit my friends there soon.
like today.

5. Meg Cabot.
she is such a good writer.
mind you, I have just read a bunch of her teen books.
I hear her adult books have a lot of cursing.
just beware.
at goodwill before Christmas I found a set of 3 of her 1-800-where-are-you books,
thinking I would give them to Ben for Christmas.
silly me. he didn't even read a page,
so I guess I really bought them for me.
I ate them up. loved them.
now I believe the 4th and last book in the series is waiting for me at the library-
and conveniently, the library is right beside the post office.

6. but I really don't want to leave the house.
that is a problem.

7. it is -20, with a wind chill of -30.
can you blame me for not wanting to leave the house?

8. the weather report is saying it will be up in the plusses after the weekend.
this place is crazy.
crazy cold. but hopefully soon to be not so bad.

9. we haven't gone sledding yet this winter.
I think we might have to remedy that sad state.
after the weather changes. and it is not so bitterly cold out there, of course.

10.alright, time to get off the computer (again)
and get something good done around here.

11. like cleaning the house,
cooking some dinner (the missionaries are coming over tonight)
and if I have a can of sweetened condensed milk downstairs, we are going to make some snow ice cream for dessert. and if I don't have a can of it downstairs, I just might have to leave the house today and get some!

12. and finish knitting up a hat for etsy,

13. and smothering a cute little girl with some kisses.
just because I can!

No comments: