Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hallelujah!

1. The school Christmas concert was great! one hour long- just right.
here is Sadie's class singing their songs. Oh Christmas tree was one, and Maggie was on my lap singing right along. I kept trying to shush her. luckily the afternoon session was not full- it was basically a dress rehersal they have open to anyone who can come to free up room for the evening performance which is always packed. they booked a theater at a place in town, which was very nice. soft comfy seats, great sound, good times. in the past it has just been held in the school gym. pleasant change.
2. Sadie's dress was done. hard to see in this picture, but I zoomed in a bit for you! I will take a picture of both the girls together on Sunday.

3. the finale- the Hallelujah chorus- oh my. it was moving. wonderful! fabulous. I loved it. really, really good!

4. I should probably show you Jack's 'gingerbread' house made of graham crackers. it no longer looks like this.
5. he made a turtle- he would love a pet turtle, and a bonfire burning in the back. and a slide for the penguins. he did a good job.

6. on Saturday we had a major christmas baking day. yum.



7. here is Maggie helping make the reindeer chow. doesn't she look happy!
it is one of our favorites- so I will share the recipe with you, so if you want you can enjoy it too!

Reindeer Chow

1 lb white chocolate. ( I don't have a scale- I just buy a lot of the white dipping wafers, and melt them and mix it in)
3 c rice chex
3 c corn chex ( I haven't found those around here, so I buy crispix, which is one side corn, and one side rice, and use 6 c of it!)
3 c cheerios
2 c pretzels
2 c peanuts
1 12 oz bag m&m's

so, mix the dry stuff all together, then pour on the melted chocolate and mix. I spread it on a couple of cookie sheets and let it set, then throw it all in a big bowl. mmm.

8. I am determined to get my quilt squares done- I am so behind- being that is is about week 6 and I have done 1 square. I have cut out one, and part of another. need to get sewing!

9. I have been thinking about fresh salsa lately. I want to make it, but really, I am the only one around here who will eat it- and Maggie, she likes it, so I am going to make a batch and take it to my mom's for Christmas Eve munching. I can't wait.

Fresh Salsa
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 cucumber
1/2 bunch green onions
2 med. tomatoes
1 white onion
1/2 jar salsa ( 375 ml jar)
1/8 tsp salt
pinch pepper

chop everything up, let sit for at least 2 hours- to let the flavors mingle.
oooh. can't wait!

10. hmm. having a hard time thinking of more to share. sad. I will come back and add more later- if I can think of anything exciting!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Can't wait for the salsa!! I love chips and salsa.
And bring that reindeer food too- yum!