Monday, December 10, 2007

moving on


two birthdays done- parties and all
although Sadie reminds me we still haven't had her birthday dinner- she picked pizza.
must do that this week!
Sadie's party was fun, lots of kids, lots of crafts, lots of mess, and lots of good times.
Jack's party was great- good idea to book a gym. the boys played floor hockey and dodge ball, then I came with icecream and chips and pop, they ate, then had one more game of floor hockey, then we all went home. I like that the mess was not at my house- which has it's own messes, thank you very much!
I made a batch of Christmas cookies on Saturday- oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chip cookies! yum. my kids don't eat them because they think they are raisins, although they probably still wouldn't eat them if they knew they were crasins, but that is okay by me! yum, yum.
Sunday night was our stake Christmas concert- all the ward choirs do a couple of songs- our choir sang the same song we sang at our ward party, but at the ward party no one hit the last note right, so we all walked back to our tables laughing- it was that bad. so, at the concert last night, we got it right. hallelujah!
one ward- or group? it was 8 girls singing, a man on the cello, and another lady on the violin, sang an amazing song. really really good. then my friend beside me pointed out on the program that the man playing the piano had written the song. wow. truly a song you would want on a CD to listen to over and over! last night got me in the spirit of Christmas, in a good way!
and , although I say I never win anything- look here!.
some scrapping goodies from some cute girls. post a comment, you could be a lucky winner too!
so, today, I am shifting from the birthday mode, and focusing once again on Christmas. must get those dresses fixed! and got the picture/cards fixed, just need to address some envelopes and get those out! can't believe there are only 15 more days til Christmas! wow.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

congrats on winning. how exciting. and yea for the parties being done.. for a bit.