Monday, December 03, 2007

what a weekend

first off, on Friday night we got to go and play at Galazy land in West Edmonton Mall. wow. I haven't veen there in ages. some friends of our were having their work party there- so basically, the company booked the whole park, and we bought tickets for $5, and got to go on all the rides we wanted, and hardly had to wait in line. sometimes we would be the only ones on there. it was fun, the kids had a blast. the 3D ride is a blast! the crazy swing ride about did me in. I knew I shouldn't have gone on, but Sadie went on by herself and loved it, so Jed and I decided to try it with her. the whole time Jed was screaming, I'm going to fall off, and I am yelling at him- you won't fall off- meanwhile I am hanging on for dear life, and wishing the ride would end. Sadie was crazy, going on all kinds of rides I didn't even want to look at! what a girl!
then on Sunday, we had a special visitor to our house,
and Maggie was less than happy to see him. she sat as far away from him as she could, but was smiling by the end. so fun!

so. update on the dresses- they are done, except being hemmed, but the zippers look horrid. there is a big gap where the sash is. argh. my mom says I just need to have patience, and iron them good, and do it again. not what I wanted to hear. and I should have serged everything as I went. the fabric is very ravelly. fun.

I am three weeks behing with my quilt blocks, so need to get going on those.
still need to finish one of the knitted hats. I sent the turtle ones with my sister without taking a picture- hope the lady likes them!
need to get editing the wedding pictures. it was fun. the food was great! the wine was flowing- but luckily there was also some delicious non-alcoholic punch. heehee. trying to find the place was crazy. glad to live in a small city- downtown is crazy. Cory is having a work dinner at the same hotel on Friday night, I told him I am not sure I could find it again! but he says he has been there before!
alright, got some birthday parties to get ready for this week- Sadies on Wednesday, and Jacks on Saturday. fun stuff. their birthdays are both on Tuesday. what was I thinking having two kids born on the same day? crazy. how can they pick their favorite thing for dinner? just not fair! maybe they like the same thing- that would work great! haha.

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Fun stuff! When my sister Amy worked at Wild Waters we got to go to her staff party and it was so awesome to be there when there were no other people and no rules!! We would climb up the slides, and make HUGE dams of people and then explode down when the water got strong enough--everybody would be flipped around and tumbled around. Some even fell off the slide entirely. Anyway. That's the way to do it.

I hear you about finding your way around big places. I hate it. Enough said.

By the way, I've been meaning to ask you how much you charge people to take pictures for them. Not necessarily for weddings. I've been having a few more people ask me to take pictures for them, and while I don't feel like I can charge much --since I don't really know what I'm doing so much, I also think that I should maybe earn something for my time. Anyway, thoughts?

Happy birthday to your kiddos. Do you ever sing the Cowboy Jack song to Jack? My dad said that his dad always would sing it...knew all the verses too. I just know the first verse and the chorus, "your sweetheart waits for you Jack". Except Grandpa would sing his sweetheart with eyes of BROWN for my mom, instead of blue. :)

Can't wait to see the dresses all finished!!

Andrea said...

What a fun weekend. And that's exactly why I don't sew!