Thursday, May 01, 2008

guess what day it is?

why, it's thursday, of course.
and we all know what that means around here!
thirteen things! lets go!

1. I thought it would be fun to grab the latest quilt creation, the girls and the camera and do a little photo shoot- ala tara whitney. It had rained, then stopped, it was close to bedtime, getting dark, got a couple shots. this one was my fave.

2. I guess my pay it forward was not too successful. I might try it again in a few months. yes, you do need to have a blog to participate, and I guess it needs to be one people can access ;).

3. there is another quilt-a-long starting over at crazymomquilts. I am debating whether or not to join in on this round. hmmm.


4. Cory came home yesterday not feeling good, had a little nap, then I put him to work! this is a picture of where we used to have our food storage. and other stuff. in my large closet upstairs. this is after we took a bunch of food out. the new room is almost ready, just needs one more set of shelves put up. I might attempt that today, we shall see.


5. this is Ben and his science fair project. good times. It was so interesting to see all the things the kids did, and some that were done so well, and some well- not so much effort put into them. some of the more memorable- one girl tested water proof mascara- but her presentation was all in french, so I couldn't understand it. the pictures were interesting though! the fudge one was pretty cool. a few that tested the different absorbancy of paper towels, and a few of which batteries last the longest. apparently energizer is the kind to buy!

6. well, spring has come. we had beautiful weather, now it has been raining for 2 days. the Deacons are supposed to be going on a canoeing trip this weekend. hope it stops raining.


7. I missed taking a picture of the boys room how it was with all three of them in it, dressers everywhere. Cory started moving stuff out when I was not home. so, this is the room they were in after all the dressers and mattresses are out. this is the aftermath. there were two big dressers where all this stuff is. I went through it, cleaned it up, vacuumed, and the bunk bed has been moved down to Jed's new room.

8. slowly I am seeing some progress. this is good. someday soon my house will be all in order. maybe. maybe not.

9. no new baby neice or nephew yet. but any day now, I am sure. but I am still not done the sweater for him or her. I have some good knitting time scheduled for tonight during survivor and the office!

10. is it a really bad thing when a kid you are babysitting refuses to use your bathroom all day, and keeps saying she will use the bathroom at mommy's house?

11. but she never did have an accident- yesterday, at least. we will see how today goes.

12. wow, it's May already! crazy. there is a group of us here who go camping on the may long weekend every year- and all I can say is I am soooo happy that we have a camper with a heater.

13. okay, I have been very lazy for a while, so I am going to commit right here, that next thursday I will report back here with thirteen projects that will be finished. Do you think I can do it? I hope so! I am off to start right now!

4 comments:

Kayli said...

Cute picture with the quilt! Their little faces poking out are adorable.

I like to read your Thursday posts. They are fun.

Good luck on getting your stuff moved. I will be excited for you.

Andrea said...

Thanks for letting us come play. Good luck on the 13 things. I'm sure you can do it no prob.

Marcia said...

Wow! It's busy at your place. Can't wait to see the completed move. The kids pictures are always so cute.

Lynn said...

I too love your Thursday posts. So real.
Looks like the move to the basement is going well! I bet you are already enjoying lot's more room.

Way to go Ben on your Science project!