Friday, May 09, 2008

now what?


I had big plans last night.
to finish this over a year long project, and see it on my handsome boy- I am sure it will be one of those pieces of clothing that he wants to wear every day. your kids do that too, right? want to wear the same pants/shirt/sweater/socks, day after day after day, until you have to pry it off of their bodies and get it to the washing machine, stat? tell me they do.
anyways, that is how wonderfully fabulous this sweater was going to be.
I joined up the shoulders just like the book said. and it worked! amazing. then I got the sleeves ready to be attached. but wait. they are a bit small. they don't reach all the way across where I believe they should reach. I mean, I have sewn a bit, knitted a littler bit, but I think I know how sleeves should be, and these aren't as they should be.
so, what do I do now? so close, yet so far away.
kind of like my basement! (haha)
I hear rumors that I might have furniture down there this weekend!
if it does happen like 'they' say it will, I will share pictures next week!
here's hoping!
meanwhile, until I get this sweater figured out, it will be shoved to the back of my drawer of projects. poor little sweater.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

You could frog the sleeves. Just pick up the number of stitches you should have at the top of the sleeve and reknit it down to the cuff. That way you don't have to sew the sleeves on, just the underseam needs sewing. It's too nice of a sweater to end up back in the to be worked on pile. You go girl!

kaylani said...

I'm sure you'll figure out the sweater. I kow even less than a lot of things about knitting. I believe you use needles and yard. That's about it.
I'm crossing my fingers for you and furniture in the basement. Good luck!