Thursday, June 12, 2008

13...

I was trying hard to think of what 13 things I could write today, and I came up with- thirteen reasons my kids are unlucky they have us as parents


1. their mom makes them brush their teeth before they go to school. (someday, I think Ben will thank me for this instead of groaning every time)

2. I think we owe back pay on allowance for at least a year.

3. I like to take pictures. and I bring my camera along with us lots of times when we go out. but they are lucky they have a dad who won't pull over when I find the perfect spot for a picture. bums.

4. they think we are the only family in the civilized world that doesn't have a wii. and there are no plans to be getting one anytime soon.

5. they can't play the computer on weekdays.

6. they aren't supposed to watch tv on weekdays either. but now that the tv is downstairs, I am sure they watch it when they shouldn't be.

7.they have jobs they are supposed to do everyday. one boy sets and clears the table, one cleans up the livingroom, and one helps with dishes. poor kids.

8. their parents are thinking they need to get doing regular Saturday jobs. poor souls.

9. their mom is deserting them for a whole 10 days. and leaving them with thier dad- who I don't think will let them get away with watching that tv downstairs like I do, but then again, it will just be him and the kids, so maybe they will get away with alot more!

10. even on the coldest days their mom won't drive them to school. poor, poor kids. - the school is just across the street and down a few houses.

11. their mom won't let them wear the same outfit to school 2 days in a row- or at least she tries to get them to change, and she really gets mad when a certain middle boy wears the same socks for a few days in a row. so gross.

12. their mom likes to shop at thrift stores and garage sales, so a lot of their clothes and stuff are second hand- but really, I don't think any of them mind- and I love that about them all!

13. and the last reason they are unlucky we are their parents, is I think we must live off the toothfairy's grid, because she always has a hard time making it to our house.- but she always finds it eventually!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that your kids are very lucky to have you as parents! well except maybe for the wii.... it is really fun! i do yoga almost everyday! what day do you leave? have a great trip! Leanne

Joanne said...

that was a beautiful song Kristi!!wo wo wo on them. they will thank you one day ( except for the wii part!).

Shelley said...

You are soo mean. Brush their teeth before school. How could you? Are you going to make me brush my teeth before we go shopping and sight-seeing? :)

Andrea said...

Well- at least they are lucky to have cool aunts with wiis. They can come live with me, although I'd make them brush their teeth too.
Your kids are lucky to have you.

jessica said...

jeepers, can you blame them?? hehe

Lynn said...

LOL! I love this post. You are as wicked to your kids as I am to mine. We terrible parents have to stick together or the next generation will rule the world! : D

jessica said...

Hey Kristi-
When do you leave for the States? Could I get some money to you, I would like to get you to buy us some Apple Jacks Cereal, please?

Kayli said...

Oh contraire! Buying things at garage sales and thrift stores makes your kids LUCKY--cause they get things they couldn't otherwise have. (At least that's how it works for me...all our cutest clothes come from garage sales or I would never have been able to afford them).

This was an awesome post. Is your no-computer and no-t.v. rule still in effect in the summertime?