Thursday, June 05, 2008

random stuff

1. the shift button on the right of my keyboard doesn't always work. sometimes I choose to not use capital letters, and sometimes it just happens. just thought i should share that.

2. last few weeks of school= mad rush of field trips. good times. need to check the calendar each morning, to see who needs a swim suit, who needs extra waterbottles, and hats. so much fun!

3. I like school. I like my kids going to school. the break I get is so nice. so I am not too keen on summer vacation- kids around all day to drive each other- and me crazy. not so fun.
but I cannot wait to sleep in- every day. so nice.

4. I do want to get my kids into swimming lessons. we haven't done them for far too long, but sadly there is a shortage of teachers around just now at our pool. Calling to see about any lessons available is on my to do list today.

5. I love lists. I love crossing things off of my lists. on my list for today are the bathrooms, mopping floors, working more on Ben's quilt, planting my onions. fun stuff like that.

6. I have nothing I really NEED to do today. that is so nice. no one to babysit. no where I have to go. just little things. Well, cleaning the house is a big thing, but you know what I mean!

7. I haven't scrapbooked in forever. a really, really long time. I was going through some of my scrapbooking stuff, and putting some into a giveaway pile, and letting my kids craft with some of it. i think I would like to do some scrapbooking soon. maybe some inspiration will hit me soon. but maybe not.

8. I am kind of liking the quilting thing lately. so many ideas, so many quilts I want to make. for what? not sure. for who? some for my two boys, of course- and their new rooms, but just some other quilts for fun. But I am determined to finish Ben's first, then get Jack's going, then I can move on. good times.

9. I am not a big traveller, and I am having a couple of concerns regarding my trip. I want to bring my big camera- but not necessarily my big camera bag. I also want to bring a small purse, but also have room for a book to read, and maybe a small knitting, or crocheting project for the travelling time. I am not sure what to do. I did see a big cute bag at a store, but didn't buy it. maybe I should have. it would have held all that and more. maybe I should go back and see if it is still there. maybe I should just use what I have. oh, the dilemmas.

10. weeds. I hate them. I am not a big gardener, or even a small gardener, by any means. I have no idea how to make my front flowerbed look good. except I know those darn weeds don't belong. So, my boys have been testing my nerves lately- driving me crazy. I don't know if they are being any worse than usual, but what they do is bugging me more than usual, so today I decided whenever I have to talk to them about their behaviour they will get a five minute job- believe me, it adds up quick. so I think many of those weeds will get taken care of soon. by those rotten boys. in five minute time slots.

11. I bought a couple more frames yesterday. for my photo wall. in the basement I want a wall with a whold lot of pictures on it. now, picking the pictures to go in the frames is not so easy. but I have a few picked out. now I just need to get them printed off, and hung up. that could take a while.

12. alright, I really should tackle those bathrooms, and get my floors mopped, so then I can move on to the fun stuff, like watching Dora with Maggie.

13. pretty random stuff, huh?

2 comments:

Kayli said...

I always like your random stuff.

I especially like the 5-minute chore idea.

So we came back from D.C. and now there has been no kindergarten for Jethro for 4 days. In some ways, it is so nice because I don't have to worry that if I go somewhere in the morning I have to be back in time, but also, we're already getting bored. Good thing swimming lessons start next week.

Lynn said...

I too always enjoy your random stuff. It's real. It's you. It's me. It's all of us mom's thoughts. Feels good to know I am not the only one with those thoughts.
Have a wonderful month with Field trips!