Monday, June 30, 2008

my trip in a nutshell

(in no particular order, whatsoever.)

got a hair cut. not a major one, a bit shorter, but kind of the same.


me and my folks at the Washington Monument.
The Vietnam war memorial. It was so hot the day we went to DC, I think I was starting to melt. I was drippy, and so, so hot.

When we were walking towards the white house, a helicopter flew in, landed on the lawn of the white house, we waited around for a bit, then it took off. exciting, no? I have no clue who was in it, or where they were going, but it was a good time.
on the drive home, we saw the town where Corner Gas is set. this is my dad and I peeking in the window of Ruby's Cafe. fun. they don't film the show inside there- it was mostly empty. but something fun in the middle of nowhere, Saskatchewan.

Somewhere in some state- I think it might have been Ohio- but don't quote me on that- someone drove past us and pointed at the tire- our tire was going flat- so we had a bit of a pit stop to get that repaired.





These pictures are all from Kirtland. I was trying to tell Cory about them, and what all happened there, but my memory is short, and I could only guess. I know that it was really great, and great things happened there, and I would love to go there with my kids so they could see those things and feel the special spirit that is in those places.






me and my sis, on the long drive home.
much shopping was done, yummy food eaten, sights seen, laughing, and talking.
I am glad to be home, and I think my bathrooms are glad I am home, so that they could be clean again. good times.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

welcome back! your hair is cute but you're right not so different either. always fun to have a few adventures during the grand adventure. glad you are home safe!!!

Kayli said...

That was a cool picture of your reflections on the Vietnam War wall. I also really liked the picture of you and Shelley at the end. Fun fun fun and a bucket of rum.

p.s. I'm glad the weather was not so hot when we were there!

Marcia said...

Looks like you had a great trip. How fun to be able to make such a get away and see so many things.

Itworksforbobbi said...

I had to LOL when I saw the Corner Gas set - that's about 25 minutes from where I live. I haven't been there, yet.. we're saving the fun for a REALLY slow day :)

Looks like you had a blast!

Andrea said...

such fun. Love the recap.
Cute photos.

Lynn said...

Welcome back! Looks like you had ALL kinds of different things to do. Fun!