1. this past Tuesday was the cub car rally.
following with our family tradition, our boys did not place in the top three. they were definitely ranked among the bottom three. (some dads in our ward are very into the cars- we like to let the boys do it)
2. but it is all okay, because we console them with a slurpee.
and all is well. Jed actually wanted to lose, so he could get a slurpee.
3. Ben is home sick again. he has been the sickest of all my kids this year.
4. book club at my house tonight. I am thinking fresh salsa.
5. but that would require a trip to the store.
6. this is what it looks like outside today.
(those are drifts on my front steps.) it was blowing and snowing for most of the night last night.
7. so I don't really want to go outside, but I will have to if I want salsa. yikes.
8. and yesterday after school we were playing at the park with only t shirts on. it was so nice out. today, back to -15. yuck.
9. no school tomorrow. which is bad, and good. bad because I will have all the kids home. and who wants that! good because we can sleep in. and also good because it is my turn for seminary, so I get the day off tomorrow! yay.
10. Since it was so nice outside yesterday, I spent a bit of time chipping some of the packed snow off of the driveway- now I am thinking I should not have done that. now all the new snow is just going to get packed down. a vicious cycle. will it ever end?
11. alrighty, I had best be cleaning up my house,
buying some groceries- but probably should shovel a bit before I drive over that snow and pack it all down- maybe, but maybe not.
12. and I would love to do some more knitting, and sewing, of course!
13. hmm. maybe no one will come to book club tonight because of the weather. that would be okay. more salsa for me.