Thursday, April 17, 2008

thursday already?

1. today I went to my mom's house, and we went out shopping together. for groceries. how fun is that?

2. almost booked my flight for my trip to go see my sister! I just need to double check if the flight will work. can't wait! call me shelley!

3. I was supposed to be babysitting today, but seriously needed a day not doing it, so I said I couldn't. I feel a bit guilty, but I feel mostly good about not having to care about anyone except my Maggie today. is that bad?

4. Maggie is watching Toopy and Binoo. that show drives me batty. and that viva piniata show, and sponge bob is no longer allowed around here. mind numbing shows. just dumb stuff.

5. but survivor, and the office, which are both on tonight- now that is some smart show watching wasted time!

6. I have been spray painting some old chairs we have in some fun spring colors. they don't really go with our house decor, but they are fun! Jack says they make him think of Easter and pictures, or easter pictures taken on them. I might have to take some pictures on them when I have enough done for all the kids! working on my third one today. we have alot of old chairs around!

7. looks like I might have a basement mostly done in about a week and a half. well, carpet down, which means we can move furniture down. which would be wonderful. but I am not holding my breath.

8. book club has been changed to next week. I guess I have another week to wait for the fresh salsa and cake balls. that is sad. I am so excited to have some!

9. I think I am going to paint the girls room this weekend. I have been meaning to for a long time now. this weekend is as good as any!

10. Cory is going on a hike Friday night with some scouts. it is supposed to snow this weekend. fun for him!

11. I actually vacuumed out the van today. that is a rare, and wonderful thing. but I couldn't find the good car vacuuming vacuum so I just used our house vacuum, which isn't the best, so it isn't the best job ever, but it is better. and that is good.

12. a girl that I knew growing up is substitute teaching for a teacher at Ben's school. weird. My mom made the connection, and had ben ask if the teacher knew me, and she said yes, and now that she knows who he is that he looks like me! lucky boy.

13. did that make any sense? alright, time to go pick up the kids! let the fun begin.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! Poor Cory. Curt's camp was postponed this weekend due to the snow.
Taking a day off from babysitting bad? No way. Looks like you got a lot accomplished and some "me time". That is good. : D

Shelley said...

Did you book it?? can't wait. I need to go to the ribbon store!! Good for you taking a day off. We all need to do that once in awhile. Especially when kids are involved. Can't wait to see the basement.

Shelley said...

Oh yeah... and wasn't the Office great. I laughed so hard at the end. "will you... wait for me while I tie my shoe?" That Jim- he's a cutie.