Friday, July 25, 2008

our week in review

1. isn't Maggie so lucky she has big brothers who will carry her around when her mom won't?

2. this is our broods at the Brook's aquaduct. interesting. the kids loved the dog that was running around and would chase after rocks. good times.







3. we saw what appeared to be a lake in the distance, but was really a beautiful field of flax. so of course we had to stop, and walk all over it.



3. the kids discovered that if they ducked down enough, they could not be seen. so in the first picture, there they were, then they all hid. except Maggie. she wasn't quite getting it. but she did later. we were waiting for a mad farmer to come and kick us out, but no one came. thank goodness.

4. we headed out to the dinosaur provincial park. tons of hoodoos, and rocks to climb. it was a bit muddy because it had rained the night before. good times. look at those strong boys. yep, Jack is kissing his muscle. nice.
5. and here we are. I am actually in some pictures! fun for me.

6. at the flax field, the big boys were having way too much fun hiding, and wouldn't come out, so I started leaving, which always gets maggie freaking, (she always makes sure no one gets left behind) and then I saw these two cuties hitchiking. so I took them, and left my two rascals to fend for themselves. serves them right. haha


7. I love the sun beams in this shot at the beach.


8. I was working on my self portraits this trip, so I am in even more pictures! this is Maggie and I on a boat. some friends of Jason and Joannes had a boat that they wanted to take out, and they so kindly let us on, and let the boys go on the tube. exept Jed, he didn't want to , and Sadie stayed away too, but the rest of us had fun.


9. another picture of mostly me and a bit of Jack. I do need more practice with this.

10. on Thursday there was a community thing going on at a park, so we went, ate food, jumped on bouncy thingys, and got some face painting done.
they do a lot of community stuff there.
it is great!
11.oh, and that boat thing, yah, they convinced me to get out on the tube, so Ben and I had a good time. I think I was yelling the whole time. it was crazy. here we are after a big jump. check out the air I got. I was barely hanging on for dear life. good times indeed.
12. and the boys, doing what they did for most of the week, when we were at home. the wii held them captive for many an hour.
13. Joanne is such an amazing homemaker. her house is clean and organized, and she so inspired me. tomorrow, I hope to get some stuff sorted, and out, so my house can someday be as clean as hers.
maybe .
it could happen.
I have a dream.
thanks guys for the great time.
come up here anytime. I mean it!








3 comments:

Lynn said...

YAY! That looks like you've had a TON of fun! Yup, they sure do have a lot of great community things there.
I love the pics of the kids in the field. THat is so pretty.

Kayli said...

Oh, I couldn't wait for this post! I love ALL these pictures! Looks like SUCH an awesome time.

I love the pictures of big brothers and little sister. I love the muscles picture. I love the field of flax (very glad you didn't get yelled at!). I love the cool sun at the beach picture too. Funny picture of you and Jack (I can never do self-portraits either just holding the camera. I always look way weird). So yeah. I like them all. :)

Joanne said...

so for my next post I'll just refer them to yours! you did a fab job dahling and we actually did a lot of stuff. phew. you guys can come and play anytime! we had fun and it wasn't as chaotic as i thought it could be. Brayden still wants his "brothers" back tho!!!