Thursday, July 17, 2008

thursday

my Thursday 13 has kind of been forgotten, but it is back!

1. it's already the middle of July, and we haven't done anything yet.

2. but I think we are the official pet sitters for when other people are out having fun! right now we are feeding fish, 2 geckos and 2 cats. and today I think we have a fish coming to sleep over for a week or two. fun.

3. great to remind myself why I don't want pets. that kitty litter- yuck. and the cat hair- no thanks. and geckos- why? I don't get it

4. although our summer has been lame so far, this weekend may have some fun involved, and next week- well, good times in store!

5. I really want to make cupcakes. but then I know I will eat a lot, so I am resisting. maybe I can make some for our Sunday potluck. then I will maybe get one if I am lucky- so maybe not. how selfish of me.

6. yesterday morning we had a thunderstorm. it seems weird to have thunder in the morning. that seems more like a middle of the night scary thing!

7. my new quilt is coming along nicely. the boys quilts have fallen into the to do later stash. for when the mood hits. or they really need them. or maybe Christmas. there's an idea.

8. I get to go take pictures of an old friends mom and all her grandkids this afternoon. I am nervous. I really need to learn more, and practice. scary. will report back, and show any great shots!

9. I still have the urge to scrap. maybe I can get some done next week- right Jo?

10. We are sleeping in a lot in this house. which is great. but it is because we (the kids) are not getting to bed until far too late. which is not great. but if I get them to bed earlier, they won't sleep in as long. a real dilemma.

11. some friends are going away next week, and they think their raspberries will be ready when they are gone, and told us we could pick them! yay!

12. we have some other friends who planted a fairly big garden, and are going away for almost the whole month of August. and we get to reap the bounties while they are away. good thing I didn't plant alot. okay, I planted zuchinnis and tomatoes, and I am the only one in my house who eats either of those things. strange. but I can't wait for my zuchinnis and tomatoes to be ready to eat. yum.

13. okay, fairly random, but that is my life today. alright, off to clean a bit, then take some pictures! such a fun life!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh Lucky you for No. 11 and 12! YUmmy! I love tomatoes and Zuch's too. Too bad they got destroyed with our last hail storm. I am off to buy corn. It said on the front page that all the corn farmers around here got wiped out and the corn prices are going to go sky high. Gotta go get some corn.

shelleyjanae said...

I heard about a FABULOUS dessert involving raspberries. So save some for when I am home. We will have to have a BYOUC night and eat it!!! :)