2. I made these little bird nests for Easter, and for my seminary kids, and of course for my kids!
all you do is melt 1 cup of chocolate chips, 1 cup of butterscotch chips, then you add in some chow mein noodles ( but make sure they aren't rancid- like the ones I had were! yuck. I did run to the store- for the second time yesterday and get some good ones!) then shape into nests on some waxed paper- when they harden add some yummy chocolate eggs! sweet.
3. we are getting family pictures taken this weekend! I am so excited. I have a couple of fun ideas which involve mustaches and suckers. so fun.
4. but getting to those pictures, and 0ur grandma's house first requires a 6+ hour drive. not so fun.
5. since our spring break trip, Maggie has taken to not only pooping in her diaper, but peeing too. and every time I try to talk to her about this craziness she covers her ears. the little stinker. I keep hoping one day it will all just click, but that day is sure taking a long time coming. I think I will have to take some drastic action- after our next trip. for sure. so tired of it all.
6. I am on track with my 5K training. I can run 6 minutes- mind you, not 6 minutes straight, but 6 minutes interspersed in 24 minutes.- but that is okay. next week we build up to 10 minutes running. I am actually excited for that. crazy, I know!
7. my sister who lived in Virginia is back there visiting right now. surely she is going to Joann's and Target, Kohls and Chipotle. probably a stop at Trader Joe's. oohh. I miss those places. someday maybe they will come to Canada, hopefully. but I am not holding my breath.
8. something I never thought I would see- on my boys-
but his blond streaks are pretty subtle. Jed got the leftover color on his head. he has a big chunk of light hair. funky. I hope this doesn't become a regular thing. no boys of mine can color their hair more than I do! I mean, really!
9. today- must tidy up. nothing worse than coming home from a trip to a messy house. yuck.
10. but Maggie is helping me out- she is mopping my dining floor right now! I love it!
11. the next time I post will be my 500th post. wow. that is a lot of blogging going on.
12. so, I thought for fun I would give something away! how about this sweet little crocheted bag! I made up two for my girls for easter- instead of a basket this is what they will be getting. but this pink one just doesn't match with their Easter dresses. egads! so one of you fine readers are welcome to it!
13. just comment- tell me anything- maybe how much you enjoy reading all my posts! hee hee. or maybe if you have a favorite post. or maybe just say hi.
and on Monday we will pick someone to send it to!