Thursday, September 11, 2008

it's really Thursday

1. so yesterday I was on the computer, totally doing up a Thursday post, thinking hard to write thirteen things, posted it and everything, then realized- hey, it is only Wednesday, so I deleted it, because I didn't know how to save it, and publish it today instead.

2. yep, I am smart like that.
3. so on Saturday I stopped by my little local thrift store- and what did I find, but this cute little chair. it had to come home with me. really.
yes, I admit, I have a chair problem.
just ask my husband.
it isn't too big of a problem - yet. I think, anyways. he might not think the same as I do.

4. yesterday Maggie and I headed to my moms house to help make salsa. yum. and we had time to make some apple pies.

5. and we picked some of her chokecherries

6. which we added to the chokecherries we had picked the day before and made some syrup. double yum.

7. I was at extra foods, where they are kind of a mess because they are changing to a no frills, because our walmart is changing to a super walmart- are you following all this? and they kind of have a bunch of stuff not marked- hate that- and there were some cartons of whoppers, so I bought a couple- they rang in at $0.72. yep. so went back and got some more. crazyness.

8. the leaves are starting to change. fall is coming quickly.

9. I have big plans to hibernate this winter. I had better get working on all those quilts I have started, or want to start, to keep us warm. and get the fireplace roaring. and we can hunker down, and eat salsa, and pancakes with chokecherry syrup, and whoppers all winter, and never have to go out in the cold. ohh. that sounds really, really nice.

10. I also found these little cuties at the thrift store. I love that they were part of someones salt and pepper shaker collection. on the bottom was a little sticker in writing that looked very similar to my grandma's that said Seattle, 1975. love it.

11. I am on day 10 of the 30 day shred. yep, I am sticking to it. it is a crazy hard workout- 20 minutes of torture, I say. but I do feel stronger, so that is a good thing.

12. alright, far too much time spent on this computer, lots of stuff to get done around here- oh, and we told our kids they couldn't go on the computer until their rooms are clean, and last night Cory said maybe we should have the same rule, and I agreed, but my room isn't all that clean yet.

13. I had better go clean it!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

3. Love it!
7. What are Whoppers???
10. So cute!
11. I am so with you on the pain! Go girl! You inspire me. But I think it will take me a whole year before I even attempt Level 2. : S

Shelley said...

Those S & P shakers are so cute. Great purchase!