Wednesday, September 03, 2008

they're back

well, Maggie is still here- she is carrying Sadies lunch, because Sadies stuff was sooo heavy!
after we got the kids situated, and I peeked in each of their classes,
Maggie and I headed out to Value Village where everything was 50% off.
we had fun.
I got another pyrex bowl. love it. I used it for supper last night, and Ben said that it looks like it is from the 70's. haha. well, it probably is.
a few cute dresses for the girls,
a bunch of books- including a Hannah Montana one- Aren't I just the best mom ever?
and some vintage sheets. I am hooked. not sure what to do with them all.
I might just make a lot of quilts.

so, last night was our first seminary- really an introduction night for all the kids, next week will be our first homestudy class. This year the early morning class has 2 teachers which are team teaching. I am jealous. they are planning lots of fun stuff, and I can't really do much with only one class a week, and a lot of information to pack into that class. not enough room for fun- but I will try my best!

on the schedule for today-
help maggie make playdough animals
make some puffed wheat squares for after school snacks
clean up my hallway
vacuum my bedroom
catch some soaps this afternoon.
just kidding on that last one.
(although sadly, in college I would plan my class schedule around a certain show, so that I could be home to watch it every day. what a life I had!)
it is actually early out today. bummer.
kids are home at 2.
far too early!

alright, off to get something done!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh the joy of shopping at Value Village! I think you got some pretty fantastic items.

The kids look great! There is nothing like days of fall while they are in school.

Good luck with the teaching of Seminary! My hats are off to you. You do SO much all the time. It's amazIng. I don't know how you do it.

Andrea said...

cute. You should have made them stand on the school sign on the road. haha.
That's a lot of stuff!