Thursday, September 25, 2008

today

1. made some whole wheat zuchinni bread. good, but a bit dry. I just gave Maggie a piece and she wants more, so I guess it is all good.
2. my sister and I are doing a Farmers market sale- not sure exactly what that involves, but we are taking crafts- next weekend,
so I have been trying hard to get some cute stuff going. this is a quilt that is almost done- I just have to connect those last bits of binding, and get them sewn on. then on to the next one!

3. of course- had my meeting with Jillian this morning. I have moved myself up to level 3. yowsa. I actually missed yesterday. shame on me. but I did walk to the church for the play group. that counts for something, right?

4. book club tonight! yay. we haven't met since may, or June. oh, I think I missed June because I was off on my trip. it seems like forever. the book this month is Life as we Knew it. I know I have talked about it before. a good kick in the bum for food storage book!
5. played a rousing round of Dora candyland, with this little cutie.
6. wow, what a messy house in the background. guess I better add cleaning, and lots of it to my list for today.
7. well, I was waiting and waiting for my tomatoes to be ripe, now I have a whole bunch in my fridge, and I am the only one who eats them!
8. and I have a big box full of green ones that I picked- it is starting to get chilly here at night- and some days- so I didn't want the frost to get them!
9. I think I am going to have to can a bunch- I know my family will eat them in chilli and spagetti sauce!
10. I am heading out with 4 of my kids to Saskatchewan tomorrow!
that is always a good time- haha- well, it is a good time, but the drive leaves much to be desired. Cory is staying home and getting lots done, and Jed has an aversion to travelling, so he is going to help Cory. yah, right!
11. it is so funny walking with Maggie now- she always points out the naked trees to me! sadly there are more and more. but I do enjoy walking through the crunchy leaves.
12. I just know that very soon, everything will be brown, and cold. then the snow will come, and it will be pretty for a while, until the snow gets all brown, and yucky. and it will be cold. very cold.
13. although I guess the cold weather means we can get the fireplace going- that is always cozy, and hot chocolate becomes a very regular thing around here. and chilli, and soup and all kinds of other cozy wintery stuff.
but not yet. I did hear that it is supposed to be 24 degrees next week. yay.
I will take it, and love it, because the cold will come, but the later, the better.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

No. 1 - YUMMY!!
No. 2 - Looks great! I would buy that if I went to the sale.
No. 3 - I am SO jealous! Good for you! I still can't get brave enough to move to level 2. My knees are killing me!
No. 4 - I bought that book after your recommendation and couldn't put it down. I just couldn't stop reading it. My son thought that meant a really good read. He stopped reading it half way through. His comment? "Mom, this is SO depressing!". LOL! He's so happy we have some food storage now. So He's happy in a way that I read the book.

Kayli said...

oooh-that quilt is sooo great! pretty pretty pretty!

Too bad all your leaves are coming down--ours are barely starting to turn colors.

Wyatt never wanted to go anywhere with us either because he hated driving. Funny boys.

And I meant to comment that your fall picture turned out SUPER! Phenomenal, really, considering you only took five pictures. Your kids are way cute and I can't believe how huge Ben is. Pictures = good fun.

Anonymous said...

I read that book too on your recommendation and then had my daughter read it. She thought it was depressing too but I went out and bought lots of cases of food to add to our basics.

kaylani said...

Holy Ben is getting big! YOu should read "Alas, Babylon" Very good as well - inspires you to get prepared!

kaylani said...

I forgot to say I love the quilt! Have a great trip...maybe we'll see you there!

Marcia said...

Your quilt is really beautiful. Nice job.