Saturday, September 20, 2008

you rock dude

Cory and I did a little bit of rocking last night when we went to go help chaperone the youth dance.
wow, what a flash back that was.
even some of the same songs- always YMCA, much to my dismay-
then and now.
a lot of new songs
a lot of fun songs.
I was so tempted to just go up to one of the kids and ask- who sings that song, and what is it called.
more than once.
I kept wondering what my kids would be like at the dances.
I loved them.
I remember my friends and I separating from our group, so that it would be easier for boys to approach us- I mean really, what boy wants to walk up to a group of 3 or more girls to ask one to dance.
weren't we sweet?
things were a bit different now.
pretty much if it was a fast song, they all just kind of danced in big groups, and only divided into couples for the slow songs.
that would have been great for me back in the day.
but the funniest thing of the whole night was when I went to the bathroom, and I saw someone had scratched into the stall wall- be valiant.
love it.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Youth dances are SO fun!
Glad you had a great time. You will even have more fun when your kids go.

I love it when my boys ask me to dance with them. I even danced with my daughters too in those Big circles they make. Good times. Miss them.