Thursday, October 16, 2008

to do, to do, to do

do I have that little song in your head yet?
singing a song is fun to do..
you know the one!
anyways today I will share with you what I am doing, or need to do

1. I am knitting this hat for somone for Christmas, and I am loving it. the yarn has some alpaca in it, and it is really nice! hope she likes it! 2. I am going to run on my treadmill- as soon as I am done blogging. I have done it for 3 days now- not very long runs, of course, but I run until I can run no more- which only takes about 3 minutes. hopefully I can build that up, so maybe next year I can run a whole 10 k. maybe.

3. Halloween. oh, sweet halloween.
we have a love/hate thing going on.
I love the candy, hate the rest.
okay, maybe not quite that bad. I love the costume excitement- seeing what we can come up with- this is what Sadie has decided on. I picked up the hat at IKEA, of all places, and am trying to make a layered colorful skirt, and a little top to go with it- she will be a carribean girl. so far, the skirt is kind of wacky, but I am hoping it will all turn out in the end. 4. I am trying to convince Jack to be a jack-in-the box. I think that would be so funny. cut some leg holes in a box, and put some straps on the top to go over his shoulders- funny.
I don't think he is buying it.

5. still working on my little craft area. the room is pretty much clean, but now all around the entrance is crowded with all the stuff I don't want in it, but don't really know what to do with. must clean that out.

6. remember this quilt? I was going to link back to the post, it was back in August that I first showed you, but I had no title on that post, and now because of that, I can't link. weird.

anyways, instead of adding borders to it, I added two more rows, now I have the back ready, and need to pin it up and quilt it! exciting. this picture was taken before the rows were added on. or even made into blocks, and then rows.

7. I get to go on a field trip with Jed's class this afternoon. we are going to some place to find out what happens with the garbage and recycled stuff. I think. at least that is what I hope we are finding out- because I really am curious about it all.

8. I hope we go on a bus that says SCHOLAR HAULER on the side. I think that is so funny- and clever. makes me chuckle everytime I see a bus like that.

9. laundry. must be done today.

10. heading down south this weekend. Cory's grandpa died. he was such a sweet guy. he fed his horse peppermints. what is sweeter than that?

11. Jed- the one with the serious aversion to travelling really doesn't want to come. what a kid. need to do some calling to see if anyone wants a really sweet boy for the weekend. anyone? anyone?

12. I went into homesense yesterday- I have a gift card that needs to be used, and was thinking maybe I could get some more halloween decor, but when you walk in- everywhere is Christmas. what? is that crazy, or is it just me? can we wait until after halloween at least? weird.

13. I did manage to get a cute pumpkin head guy- the halloween stuff was all stashed in the front of the store. some of their stuff is creepy- in fact Maggie had a blanket with her- she is in a bring a blanket or a doll everywhere with her stage right now, and she stood at the edge of the halloween stuff hiding behind her blanket and crying. I was laughing and she was crying.

I am a good mom like that.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

If Jed vacuums he can come on over to my house. Ok.. he can still come even if he doesn't vacuum.
Hope you like the garbage place. sounds interesting but stinky.
Love the hat. Is it mine??

Lynn said...

I love your life. It just gets more interesting everyday! Truly! : D

Strengthening My Voice said...

Cute quilt, show the full project when you have it finished. That is sad about Grandpa, if you see Old Chief, say Hello for me.

Marcia said...

Your hat looks very nice. I love that hour glass quilt. It's on my list of quilts to make. That one and an Irish chain....someday...
Have a safe trip.