Thursday, October 23, 2008

2 days of bliss

1. well, here I am in Calgary, in a hotel, sitting and playing on the internet. how fun is that?

2. yesterday was a great day. do any of the rest of you have the same problem I do? when you finally get some time to yourself, you just don't know what to do with it?

3. but don't worry, I used it well

4. I hit the super cute quilt shop I love to visit, but never buy anything at. I am just to cheap- nay, thrifty for that.

5. then I hit Salvation Army- which I bought nothing at, Dollarama- bought a few things, and Value Village- where I hit the jackpot.

6. I guess maybe it was because I had no kids, and all the time I wanted to spend there. I bought a few things for halloween costumes, a few things for Christmas, and hmm- not really anything for me.

7. I did find super cute black dress shoes- with a bit of a heel
I am so not a heel wearer, but I would like to start- now that I am older!
but alas, I could only find one shoe. it fit like a dream. loved it. scoured all the shoe shelves three or four times, checked the floors, but it was not to be found.
I was pretty sad about that.

8. then I stopped at winners- used up the rest of a gift card I had, and bought a winter coat for Ben. I hope he likes it. I think it is really nice.

9. then I was right by a superstore, so I decided to stop in and see if they had the big huge bags of pretzels that I used to always buy at my extra foods, but they haven't had there for a very long while. they had some alright. I probably should have bought more than one.

10. and they had the small one litre cartons of chocolate milk for $1 so I thought I would buy one and keep it in the fridge- our room has a kitchen- fancy, no? but when I was ready to pay I saw the expiry date on it was OCT o8. then I was thinking, does it mean 2008, but no, milk never hs the year, only the day, and it was october 22. wow. can't believe they even have that in the store still, so needless to say, I left it there.

11. then I went back to the hotel, and Cory and I hit the Keg for supper. yummy. way expensive for this cheap- no, thrifty girl.

12. then we went to a mall and walked around. I bought another christmas present. loved the christmas dresses that were at gymborie- that doesn't look right, but you know what store I mean, right, and remembered last years dress fiasco- the girls haven't ever worn those dresses again, because I am afraid they will just fall apart. nice.
anyways, buying dresses is pretty tempting, but I do have an idea that just might work.

13. and that brings me to now, when I am sitting on the computer, waiting for Cory to call me and tell me he is done work, so I can get him, we can pick up something for my mom, maybe make a stop at a fabric store I just found that could be great- if Cory will indulge me, stop somewhere great for lunch and head back home.
I bet the kids are having such a great time with Aunt Shelley, they won't even want me to come home. do you think?

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hey! You are so near and yet so far away!

Glad you are having a great time. I love to shop Value Village too!

Have a SAFE trip home!