Thursday, October 09, 2008

you all know what day it is-

and you all know what that means!

1. Jack has been begging for ribs every day since we had our ward potluck and someone brought the most delicious ribs.


2. on Tuesday I bought ribs.

3. on Tuesday night I called and got the recipe.

4. now I have to go buy the secret sauce!

5. and we will be having ribs tonight. Jack will be a happy boy.
I hope.
if they turn out.
I don't cook ribs much.
maybe a couple of times in my life.
wish me luck.

6. yesterday I met a couple of my sisters at Ikea. but Maggie and I were there a bit early- so we popped up and had their $1 breakfast. I love their potatoes, and maggie likes the eggs. noone likes the sausage, so we got extra potatoes instead. yum.

7. then I bought some very heavy shelves for my craft room.
I had a worker guy help me get them on my cart.
then when we were finishing up with icecream cones, there were a bunch of missionaries there eating, so I had a couple of them help me get the shelves into my van.
such helpful guys.

8. so, when I was walking out to my van to back it up to the store, I was thinking- I don't think I have my keys.
I got to the van, and low and behold, there they were, in the ignition.
nice.
I did lock all the doors.
except the back one.
so I had Maggie crawl over and unlock the doors.
very nice.

9. the shelves are still in my van. Cory doesn't like them. but I just want to get my craft room to the stage where I can get into it and find stuff. that would be nice. If we are keeping them I am putting them up this weekend!

10. my sewing machine has been having issues. it is an oldie, but a goodie, so I was debating if I should fork out the cash to get it fixed up, or just put that money towards a new one.

11. well, I also bought a new machine yesterday. Happy birthday to me.
and probably merry Christmas too.

12. I sewed last night.
it is dreamy.

13. on the way back home yesterday I took a picture of this house sort of close to ours. The lady there always decks her lawn out to the extreme for every holiday. it is a hoot.
I think I have about 10 halloween decorations. for the inside and the outside of my house. maybe I should find out where she shops!


1 comment:

Lynn said...

No. 7 - Elders are SO nice and handy!
No. 8 - Kids can be so NICE and handy!
No. 13 - That is amazing!!!!