Since it is thanksgiving in the States, I thought I would devote my thursday thirteen to things I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful, and I am pretty sure Cory is too, that I don't live in the states where they have black Friday.
because I am pretty sure I would be up at the crack of dawn to go out and find the bargains and spend way too much money.
okay- maybe I am a bit sad I don't. but one of these years I am going to come down and experience it for myself!
2. I am thankful that I have found some really good hiding spots for gifts I have bought.
okay, maybe too good.
now if only I could remember where they are.
3. I am thankful for technology.
ipods, internet, all that great stuff.
now if only I could figure some of that out.
4. I am thinkful there is no snow. no shovelling, no bad roads.
but that also means no sledding party for Jack's birthday next week. darn it.
I was hoping for that- how easy!
sled for an hour or so, come back to hot chocolate and cake, open presents- whala. but no.
now I have to do a real party. kids. noise. mess.
let it snow!
5. I am thankful for crazymomquilts.
she has totally inspired me to get back into quilting.
now I really need to sit down and work on getting those quilts I have started finished, so I can move on to all the ones I want to make.
6. I am thankful that Cory and I stuff our own stockings-
although I did get a couple of things to put in his-
but it is fun to buy some things for myself that I might not usually.
so far I bought myself a quilting magazine I have been eyeing-
because I need more quilt ideas.
7. I am thankful that I learned how to make chocolates at our crafting day at the church. they are so yummy.
and my hips are thankful too. they are getting bigger, and bigger.
8. I am thankful that I got to go to parent teacher interviews last night-
okay really, I am not so thankful that I got to go. they are kind of nerve racking for me- teachers are so scary (right Shelley?)
but I am very thankful that the teachers all had such great things to say about all my kids.
except that Jack is a bit of a chatterer.
which is really no surprise.
but they did say he is a pleasure to have in class.
9. I am thankful that my calendar is blank today and tomorrow.
nothing I have to do, no where I have to go.
10. I am thankful that my to do list is very long.
I love having lots to do,
and I can pick what I feel like doing off my list- because the choices are so plentiful.
okay, so although my calendar is blank, I do still have lots of stuff that needs done. no sitting around reading books and eating bonbons.
like I usually do.
11. I am thankful for blogging.
I have said it before and I'll say it again.
I love it.
the ideas, the people, the connections.
such a time sucker.
but a good time sucker. really.
12. I am thankful it is Thursday- and that means survivor and the office are on tonight.
yes, I watch survivor.
lets not judge each other.
13. I am thankful it is almost December. I think I am going to bring my Christmas decorations into the house today,
pull out the old and new favorites.
fill the advent calendar up with candy.